>>>>

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pineapple Blossom Girls in St Charles, IL!

Thanks to a request from an international reader, this blog now features Google Translate!

You’ll find the drop down menu to choose your language in the left hand side bar just below the blogher widgets.  I hope this helps those who prefer to read me in their own language.  Thanks for the suggestion!

This is Becky’s Block in progress!  I just LOVE the bright colors, and oh, that TOMATO FABRIC!  How fun is that??

32 Stitchers…..more fabric than should be legal! 

We spent the day away sewing blocks that were all so different from each other.

I haven’t taught Pineapple Blossom in a while, so this was really  an easy way to spend the day and make some awesome quilts.

Last night was the spring banquet for the Prairie Star Quilt Guild and guests…..we had over 200 attendees at Villa Olivia where the function was held.  BEAUTIFUL place settings, terrific food and a very fun evening. 
Everyone just blew me away with their warm welcome and their exuberance was infectious!

StCharles_IL2013 158

You just KNOW it is a swanky affair when there is a multitude of flat ware before you!
((Yes I know – work from the outside in!))

StCharles_IL2013 156

It was just a wonderful evening, and my fun isn’t over yet!

If the slideshow won’t play on your mobile device, click the photo below to be taken to the photo album for viewing.
Pineapple Blossom, St Charles, IL 2013
Today is the LAST workshop of this Illinois Shindig!  We'll be sewing our way through Scrappy Mountain Majesties blocks and having a grand ole time as always !



Be sure to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:34 AM EDT

    Wondering if anyone remembers the ice cream treat with vanilla ice ream and iorange sherbet? Dream something or other ..... I bet pineapple block those be gorgeous and 'cool looking' for a summer quilt in those colors .... ok, this has to stop! My list is ever growing ;)

    Have fun and quilt often
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that tomato fabric too! I had some of that (or similar) fabric in my Talking Turkey blocks in the class I took from you at Block Party in Portland OR in March. (You know, the one where you-know-who implied that those of us making blocks in red were "uncreative"....) I think tomatoes and batiks go together just perfectly - the scrappier the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great combinations, but I am especially fond of the one using red with black for the corners. Very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me want to shove everything off my cutting table and start another project. Always so inspiring. I especially love seeing all the different color ccombinations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe I've attended a wedding reception at Villa Olivia. Nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:36 AM EDT

    Hello Bonnie,
    What a good thing that we can now traduce and better understand. Thank you for all these tutos and ideas. Very fun to do. You are always so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sew glad you got to stitch with several of my Quilt of Valor stitching friends (and our leader, Rita). Several of them were telling me all about it at our sew-in on Tuesday. Love that 'grasshopper' you came home with. I've been keeping my eyes open for one, but, haven't found it 'yet'. I guess it's with the 'featherweight' I'm still waiting for. Have fun with it. Sorry I missed you as you traveled all around this area.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)