>>>>

Monday, May 13, 2013

A Winner is Drawn!

Remember we were a participant in the Marie Bostwick “Between Heaven & Texas” blog hop?

I hope you had a great time visiting all the participants and collecting the blocks that were presented…so many great ones!

If you missed the line up, you might still be able to visit their blogs and collect their blocks by visiting these links:

Calendar of Events:
Monday, April 29 - Marie's intro post and her block - http://quiltinggallery.com/
Tuesday, April 30 - Michele - Quilting Gallery - http://quiltinggallery.com/
Wednesday, May 1 - Bonnie Hunter - Quiltville - http://quiltville.blogspot.com/
*Thursday, May 2 - Pat - Pat Sloan - http://patsloan.typepad.com/
*Thursday, May 2 - Kim - Persimon Dreams - http://www.persimondreams.com/
Friday, May 3 - Melissa - Happy Quilting - http://happyquiltingmelissa.blogspot.com/
Saturday, May 4 - Jo - Jo's Country Junction - http://www.joscountryjunction.com/
Sunday, May 5 - Wendy - Ivory Spring - http://ivoryspring.wordpress.com/
Monday, May 6 - Victoria - Bumble Beans Inc. - http://bumblebeansinc.blogspot.com/
Tuesday, May 7 - Vicki - Quilting Lodge Blog - http://www.quiltinglodgeblog.com/
Wednesday, May 8 - Melissa/Jake - Generation Q Magazine - http://generationqmagazine.com/
Thursday, May 9 - Jennifer - Sew Hooked - http://sewhooked.com/
Friday, May 10 - Jackie - Canton Village Quilt Works - http://cvquiltworks.blogspot.com/
 
You may have to scroll back in time to the date given in each link above to find their blocks! 
 
Let’s draw a winner!
 
Ledamewood (No name given, just an email address blogger/id) please send me your snail mail address!
 
She writes:
 
Bonnie;
Have a great and successful trip. Thanks for the block pattern. I'm just starting with organizing scraps. I don't have a lot, and until recently have been able to keep them in one box. When I needed a color in the past, I always went to my scrap box first to see if I had something I could use (I do a lot of applique too), but I love your scrap quilts so I'm moving in a different direction with my scraps. Thanks for all your inspiration. I love Marie Bostwicks books too, so I am anxious to read this next one.
Congrats, ledamewood!

I’m reveling in being home for THREE DAYS this week, instead of just two! LOL  I’ll be off to Illinois on Thursday --- at least THAT flight does NOT go through Newark!

So I’m thinking that Quilt-Cam can happen TOMORROW EVENING, Tuesday, May 14th at 9pm Eastern!  Sound good?  These baby quilts REALLY NEED some borders….

In the mean time….there is so much to do here it is ridiculous, and it doesn’t involve as much sewing as I’d like. 

Today I’m setting up a new computer that my boys built for me while I was in New York ---the perfect mother’s day gift! More speed, More power, MORE SPACE….I’m a happy mom with a ton of USB ports.  I’ve got all my data from the old one…stuff just has to be moved, new programs installed, etc.

And I have this really STRANGE desire to DEEP CLEAN the house.  Can someone tell me where THAT comes from? Because it is sure as heck going to interfere with my quilting dreams….

Happy Monday HOME, everyone!








14 comments:

  1. Glad you are home safely Bonnie. Enjoy your home time with your hubby and the boys. Will look forward to catching up with quilt cam on wednesday on you tube. I really love that I don;t miss out now it is on there for keeps. Thank you for everything you do for us Bonnie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home and it sounds like you had a very Happy Mother's Day! Deep cleaning is a sign of needing to be centered; for me anyway. Once it is done and in order you will feel as though you can proceed with the rest of the stuff. Something in our womanly genes!! I'll be tuning into Quilt Cam Tuesday evening. Thank you for taking time out to do this for us, your fans. Hope all the installing and moving goes well for your new Power Center of a computer!! Hugs, Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:49 AM EDT

    Congrats to the winner and welcome home! Sent you a note on F/B about Piecing it Together by Fave Quilts featuring Jared takes a Wife today. Will be happy to send you that email if you like. They are linking to your pattern on Quiltville.
    Mary Deeter / aka stitchinggrandma email: live2skide@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! That's me! Thanks so much Bonnie. I just sent you an email. I'll be tuning in to Quiltcam tomorrow night too. Welcome home. There's no place like home.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home Bonnie!
    About that cleaning bug, hope you are not pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home Bonnie!
    About that cleaning bug, hope you are not pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got the Spring cleaning BUG....as a nurse I will tell you what you can do:
    1. Jump in and clean like a maniac and enjoy the effects of your bright new home.
    2. Ignore all the impulses and they will go away in about 24 hours :0).
    3. Compromise and do 15 minutes of cleaning for every hour of sewing :0)

    I bet you are just so happy to be home you want to make it clean and shiny so you can enjoy it even more.

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always hate having to clean and dust, but I really love the feeling I have when I can walk around my home and not see a single thing that needs to be done. I feel like that gives me permission to sit down and just sew away all day! Glad you're home. I know how it feels when you get a new computer.... all that space and speed!!! Your boys are so sweet for doing that. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun is that, Lynn won my SMS giveaway too! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie, I too feel the need for some deep cleaning, but so far I have been able to fight it off. Enjoy your time at home. Looking forward to QuiltCam. I have my project ready for some hand sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cleaning too although not deep cleaning...just ridding myself of some things and clothes I don't use or wear anymore.Wish it was that easy in my sewing room...I want to keep everything.Enjoy your time at home this week before you are off again!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:10 PM EDT

    its called nesting by definition. dont get overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I was at home. Happy thoughts coming your way and good luck on the cleaning project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always get that cleaning bug about this time of year- I'm pretty good at suppressing it!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)