>>>>

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

String X Day in Cape Town!

There are a bunch of ladies having a whole lot of fun on the other side of the world and Annamarie sent photos to prove it!

While we are still bearing the cold and winter storms, feeling like spring will never come --- it’s extremely hot and sweaty down in Cape Town ---A Sew In can provide the perfect respite from soaring South African temperatures!

Annemarie writes:
Bonnie,
Thank you so much for giving me permission to use your notes in South
Africa.
I made a few blocks and invited about 18 friends to a 'Bonnie Hunter' class.
Here are some of their blocks. We had a wonderful day starting at 8 un till
about 4 o'clock.


Last week I gave a class to the under privileged ladies in my 'outreach'
group, but did not have my camera. I will see them in 2 weeks time.
Thank you, thank you so much!!!

From an extremely hot and sweaty Cape Town, South Africa
Annamarie Gillmer
xxx
The photos say it all ---don’t you agree?  Take a look!

annamarie1

Beautiful blocks on the design wall!

annamrie en bernmari

Friendship, hugs and laughter around the layout table!

cheryl en Lesley

Chatting and sewing face to face!  Don’t you agree we can solve all the world’s problems when we are stitching?

monica

Monica shows a beautiful block in blue and white!

If you are just getting started in string piecing, why not check out my String X Tutorial?  Sew Easy, Sew Simple, Sew Fun!

Thanks for sharing the photos, Annamarie –I can’t wait to see what your ladies get up to in the future!

Is your group working on projects for a good cause together using my tutorials? If so – please send pictures! I’d love to spread the scrappy joy here on the blog!

Today is a rainy rainy dreary day in NC.  I’ve got a quilt top that was pieced by my friend Charlotte for my son Jason in honor of his graduation – it’s GOT to go on the machine today. I’ll be working on that and enjoying my time home while looking forward to Quilt Cam tonight at 9pm Eastern!

See you then!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the "X-Factor" quilt ... been added to my bucket list! Have a good day and "chat" with you tonight! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Those ladies are having fun and creating beautiful blocks... it is amazing how quilters are all alike, no matter where in the world we store our stashes, and yet we are still very individual. Thank you Bonnie for giving us some great patterns to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time those gals were having -- heat, cold, snow, rain -- it's always fine weather when you are stitching! Looking forward to Quilt Cam tonight; I have hanging sleeves to sew on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are doing beautiful quilt!~ I think that is the neatest thing!~ You will have to go there one day and visit them!~ :) So neat!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't seen this block before - beautiful in every color combination they did! Thank you for showing us what you're working on in Cape Town, Annamarie!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)