>>>>

Monday, February 11, 2013

Let the Voting Begin! ((And Antique Quilt Love!))

I was a bit early with my announcement yesterday ----I thought it was because I am a few time zones ahead of Pacific time ----but I received notice that yes ---we are up and running now!

There are a total of 11 awards to be handed out on March 1. Lots of nominations all with worthy recipients!

I would be honored by your support, but no matter WHO you vote for, go make your voice heard by clicking http://sewcalgal.blogspot.com/2013/02/2013-golden-quilter-awards-voting.html

Voting is open until February 28, 2013. When you go to vote, click on the star immediately UNDER the name of the person, store, or item you are voting for.

Please pass this on to anyone who might be interested in participating.

Thank you for your time and consideration!

And for your viewing pleasure ---I found this lovely while antique browsing in Georgia last week – it’s stayed on my mind all week, and I keep going back to look at these photos!

Georgia_Feb2013 273

Wild Goose Chase!

Georgia_Feb2013 274
These fabrics are just awesome --- 1940s –1950s? Such fun and splashy scrap bag beauties.

Georgia_Feb2013 275

That big floral in the bottom just keeps popping up ----I love that busy block! And you know what I also love?  GINGHAMS.  They always look happy.

These are BIG bold blocks…I’m guessing about 16” or so?

Georgia_Feb2013 277

I also love that some of the blocks are a lot lighter in value than the others…..and yet they aren’t grouped light/dark/light/dark – they are wherever they are and it just keeps your eyes moving from block to block, doesn’t it?

Remember all those 1.5” X 3” finished geese we made for Easy Street?  You’ve got the technique down --- you could seriously go to town on these ---it would be GREAT!

I am feeling a need to go digging into those ginghams ---

Have a great evening, everyone!

19 comments:

  1. Hello Bonnie,

    That quilt is gorgeous. It looks like a case of artistic fading - perhaps it looks better now than when it was brand new.

    Love,
    Muv

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already voted for you Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too!!! In every category where you're nominated!

      Delete
  3. I won't say who I voted for but she loves to collect antique quilts and sewing machines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome quilt, how would you go about constructing that square?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the reminder of flying geese. Oh, how I dislike FG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quilt is sooooooo beautiful! Nancy: rangerer@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!
    Hey, speaking of easy street, I am quilting one for a client today! its 110" sq didnt quite finish today. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cinco votos meus você teve.Você já está ganhando disparado.PARABÉNS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you saying this quilt didn't come home with you? It is wonderful! Please don't publish instructions until I have finished Easy Street--in a few months! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I so love gingham! Making Easy Street I used up all my yellow gingham (I substituted yellow & orange for Bonnie's purples). I've been looking for more to buy to fill the hole in my stash. I really love this quilt. Maybe my new found skills will get some use in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:01 AM EST

    Gingham quilt by Bonnie should be terrific. Please start now lol

    Everyone reading Bonnie's wonderful blog, please vote! By the way, when I just voted, she is WAY ahead...

    Smiles
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, that was fun!~ (voted!~)
    You are doing well!!!~
    Love this quilt. LOVE it!~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did this quilt cam e home with you. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have white geese on my mind and this is not helping my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on being nominated in so many categories!! Good Luck!This quilt is really pretty and making it in ginghams would be very pretty and look like an antique quilt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shhhh!! Yes, she's ahead so let's keep her that way by voting! It was really quite fun going to the different categories and learning about those a bit unfamiliar! Happy voting!! (Bonnie Hunter of course!!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this little antique quilt.
    Lois in Ky

    ReplyDelete
  18. The first thing I thought of when I saw this quilt, How about string triangles between the geese?????

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)