>>>>

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Crumbs from the Crossroads!

“Two of these things are not like the others – two of these things just don’t belong…….” 

How many of you picked up on the printed socks masquerading as scraps and crumbs in this mighty creative pile?? LOL!! These cute feet belong to Kathy!  She’s a quilter through and through right down to her socks!

Yesterdays class was such a fun time ---it always is.  It was another day pinching myself at being able to do what I do, to travel and teach and reconnect with ladies I’ve known from previous classes elsewhere.  It’s been a fun couple of days of reconnecting with some I’ve retreated with, some I’ve taught classes for, and some who have travelled with me on quilt cruises in the past, and ready to join me again in August when we cruise to Alaska!

My life is forever enriched by these ladies who make it possible for me to do what I do.  It’s about relationships.  It’s about listening and understanding and getting to know people deeper than just “surface”.  It’s about taking them into my heart knowing we are all walking this journey together.  What a wild ride!

These girls worked really hard creating the blocks that they did ---and the variety!!  That’s the best part!

Each of them has plans for their blocks, whether it’s going to be a wall hanging, a candle mat, a tote bag, a full sized quilt for someone special.  It was fun to see their excitement and there will be some mighty fine quilts in the future!

Take a peek and enjoy!


Today we are switching gears and working on Blue Ridge Beauty!

I can’t wait to see what fabrics will be going through the machines today, and what stories those precious scraps will tell!

Happy Saturday, everyone!

11 comments:

  1. They are the brightest quilt blocks that I have ever seen. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the happy, upbeat post this morning. Just what I needed to get my buns out of bed :-). Enjoy your day! I'm hoping to finally finish My Blue Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at these pics - they are beautiful! I also get a kick out of how many times I thought "oh I have that fabric" lol
    Have a great day teaching! I am heading to my machine after I grab some breakfast. Hope to get in 20 or so minutes before I leave for work. Stupid needing money getting in the way of my quilting habit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy the pics from crumbs love shack workshops! they are so cute, fun and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. arent sewing and quilting buddies the best??? I can be in a bad mood or a little down and if I sew or get email from a quilty friend I perk right up!

    and crumbs are so fun. you remember through the fabrics past recipients or quilts that were made.
    we are very lucky to have YOU Bonnie to inspire us all and to have such a wonderful quit "family".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a "crumby" class!! Just kidding! Love all the photos, so bright and cheerful, who wouldn't love a quilt made from scraps and fabric to pretty or fun to throw out - use it till the end!! Very lucky gals!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:39 AM EST

    Going to have to do some crumb blocks with the scraps of my bright quilt. I like how they look so bright without being toned down by too many pastels and neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I have a pair of socks JUST LIKE THAT! I wear them whenever I go to any quilting event, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This proves the fact that scraps always look great together ... the more variety, the prettier the quilts. I love that you can put anything in a scrappy quilt and it becomes a thing of beauty!

    There will be a day when I am able to get into one of your classes here in Oregon. But, I am thinking I may have to broaden my horizons to neighboring states ... lol

    Happy and safe travels for you, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many different ways to show "love"-some very talented ladies sewing with you today! Working on that "I am NOT going to make a scrappy trips" top-is wonderfully bright and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never done a crumb quilt. I think that is going to change!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)