>>>>

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Love Shack Ladies!

You can’t help but start humming the song by the B-52s if you are anywhere near a certain age ----the song was EPIC in the 80s!

TIN ROOF!!

((Rusted!))

This is Hetty showing off her side panel of units ---all sewn during class time!

We had a great time, as always ---and it’s a funny thing.  Love Shack is my SMALLEST class sample, but it is the ONE class with more units to be covered in a 6 hour period than any other quilt I teach.  Just because a quilt is small, doesn’t mean it will be faster to make, that’s for sure!

It was really inspiring to watch these ladies let loose of their hold on “perfection” and just go for PLAY TIME.  Everyone got so much done --- I know they will be able to tackle what else needs to be sewn before putting their individual tops together.

Last night at show and tell everyone was showing off their blocks and what they had accomplished…..it was really a great day.

Let’s hope that THIS slide show will work, if it doesn’t – don’t mail me about it – just comeback and try it again later.  Time seems to heal all slide show issues.


I have yet another LONG day ahead….Today is a Jamestown Landing workshop and from there I drive directly to Cartersville for their evening guild meeting.  This energizer bunny is going to need a re-charge!

Have a super day, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Slide show worked great. Love the happy colors everyone used. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those skeletons peeking around the V are terrific, so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zowee! Looks like you had some fast workers there! Looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the 80's, I remember them well (even though my brain associates this one with the 90's it was, in fact, released in 1989). I'm also a huge fan of their Whammy! album :)

    Looks like you ladies had a fabulous time with your quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful, is there a pattern for this in one of your books??

    slide show worked just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a great class! lots of fun!
    I used to love the B52's now I will be dancing around singing this and no one will know what I am talking about!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hetty's side panel is terrific!! Congrats to the student and teacher! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these!!! You can have fun and not worry if it's wonky~it's supposed to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a lot of fun. I think this is one class I'd love to try.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)