>>>>

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

iPhone-o-Gram! Kitting more spools!

Am I ever grateful for Netflix!

I've spent the afternoon ironing scraps – and cutting them into the pieces I need for each spool block.

At first I thought I would just dig out the inch and a half strips that are already in my strip drawer, but I really don't want an empty strip drawer either!

This led me to the overflow of scraps that had not been cut down to size yet – I ironed handfuls of scraps, ran them through the Accuquilt cutter sub-cutting everything into inch and a half strips, and kitted up spool blocks while watching Netflix movies.

I even went so far as to pull out the green string bin and pulled pieces that were wider than an inch and a half so that I could trim them down to inch and a half and use them in the spools.

My project bags will be ready and overflowing for sewing while on the road!

I hope to head out for Georgia about 7:30 in the morning.

It's about a 6 1/2 hour drive to Perry but of course that is without antiquing pitstops and other sites to see along the way!

It will be early to bed for me tonight – have a good evening everybody! :-)

10 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine to you, for tomorrow.

    Safe travel, hope to see more pictures of your travel (antique stop).

    Carole Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about what movies or shows you were watching. I can't walk and chew gum at the same time, so I definitely can't watch and cut strips at the same time. Also, why are you concentrating on greens for the spool block kits? Did you notice that you were low on green spools when counting earlier?

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good Bonnie...at least you get things done. I just was at a retreat over the weekend...I was vending and thought I might not be too busy...so I made up LOTS of kits "a la Bonnie" - didn't touch one...the good news I was the ONLY vendor and was pleasantly surprised (ok, downright Jumping for Joy) at how busy 40 quilters could keep me. Have a great trip my dear! I'll be waving to you from Floreeedah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels tomorrow, happy hunting along the way, and Happy Valentine's Day too!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great trip. I will miss quiltcam and look forward to hearing all about your adventures and great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be moving to Augusta, Ga soon ..wish I was there now and would attend one of your classes

    ReplyDelete
  7. See you tomorrow :) Doing the happy dance!!Safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bonnie, A while back you I saw where you blogged about a rotary blade sharpener you bought, but I don't remember if you said you liked it or not. Do you ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:51 AM EST

    WOWOW...you go girl!

    Bonnie, for the regular (that is NOT Bonnie just a human quilter :) ) do you think the Accuquilt is a good purchase? For most of us, the price is on the high side, but it seems an Accuquilt would make cutting pieces so much easier!!! Do you suggest buying one? Why?

    Thanks, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not Bonnie, but I can answer YES! if you can afford to buy one, do it. It just seems less tedious to me. I have a 1.5, 2.5 strip cutters and then several other sizes and shapes that I cut up.
      I bought one second-hand that a lady had bought that she never had used/opened. I found that they're higher $$ at quilt shows...do not know why either, so shop around.

      Delete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)