>>>>

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I Would LOVE Your Vote!

In this season of political ramp up ---this is a much more fun kind of voting!

Last year, because of your taking time to vote ((Vote early, vote often – is that how it goes?! LOL)) I was honored with the Teacher of the Year award for 2011.

The teaching itself IS the award for me. Spending time with quilters all over this country and many other places on the globe is an honor and a privilege --

So when I got the following nomination announcement I cracked up! ((Maybe it’s like AARP? You have to be 50 to be eligible?!)) The announcement went like this:

You have been recognized for your contributions in making our world of quilting so wonderful, having been nominated by quilters throughout the world for the 2012 Golden Quilter Awards. Like the Oscars, we hope you are honored to be nominated as you are truly appreciated for your talents and contributions.

The specific category you were nominated for is: Most influential person in the world of quilting to-date, aka "Lifetime Achievement"
Fellow nominees for Most influential person in the world of quilting to-date, aka "Lifetime Achievement" include:

Alex Anderson
Jinny Beyer
Barbara Brackman
Karey Bresenhan (IQF, Quilts., Inc.)
Eleanor Burns,
Quilt in a Day
Nancy Crow
Leah Day
Jenny Doan
Fons & Porter team, Marianne Fons and Liz Porter
Carol Breyer Fallert
Linda Franz,
Diane Gaudynski
Harriet Hargrave
Bonnie Hunter, Quiltville
Bonnie Lehman
Nancy J. Martin
Ricky Tims

LIFETIME ACHEIVEMENT?! Okay, you are done now – let’s put you out to pasture…LOL!!! Darlene at Sew Cal Gal assures me if I win that I do NOT have to wear the honorary grey wig – :c) But do you see this list? Wow, these are my quilting Rock Stars ---and there is my name, right above that other really famous Bonnie!

And then a day or so later – ANOTHER announcement showed up:

You have been recognized for your contributions in making our world of quilting so wonderful, having been nominated by quilters throughout the world for the 2012 Golden Quilter Awards. Like the Oscars, we hope you are honored to be nominated as you are truly appreciated for your talents and contributions.

The specific category you were nominated for is: Best Designer
Fellow nominees for Best Designer include:

Allie Alller, (Allie's in Stitches)
Paula Barnes,
Bonnie Blue Quilts
Jinny Beyer
BlackBird Designs
Lisa Bongean
Primitive Gatherings,

Karen Brow, Java House Quilts
Eleanor Burns,
Quilt in a Day
Cluck, Cluck, Sew
Carol Doak
Jenny Doan,
Missouri Quilt Co
Amy Ellis,
Amy's Creative Side

Joanna Figuora, Fig Tree Quilts

Susan Garman
Sandi Gervais,
Pieces from my Heart
Julie Herman, of
Jaybird Quilts
Aneela Hoey of Comfortstitching
Bonnie K. Hunter,Quiltville
Linda Franz,
Inklingo
Susan Brubaker Knapp of
Blue Moon River
Sandra Leichner
Gloria Loughman
Patrick Lose
Judi Madsen (
Green Fairy Quilts)
Jenean Morrison (Freespirit Fabrics)
Carrie Nelson of
Miss Rosie Quilts
Angie Padilla (
Angie's Bits & Pieces)
Pearl P Pereira,
P3 Designs
Erin Russek
Pat Sloan
Sweetwater
Thimble Creek Quilt Shop
Anne Wiens, Sweetgrass Creative Designs
Pat Wys,
Silver Thimble
Edyta Sitar,
Laundry Basket Quilts
Sarah Vedeler

The article for this announcement is found at: http://tinyurl.com/6ozogn3

This is some really stiff competition, and I am so tickled that many of you thought enough to nominate me!

And now that you have – gone this far to nominate me for these wonderful awards, would you take the time to go VOTE For me? The voting goes through March 31st ---and I’d so appreciate your vote!

Thanks Everyone!

Now where is that grey wig?!

31 comments:

  1. I think you should get an evening gown and lots of diamonds for your walk on the red carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted... You're in the "Best Author" list too...

    Good Luck Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in! You always have my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are also in the Best Teacher category, too. Good luck!

    You got my vote (s)!

    Judy D in Upstate NY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already voted for you before you even posted this :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My vote is already in for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. already voted! you are in SEVERAL categories!
    Sure hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, you are in quite a few categories, as you should be. I voted already! Nice way for all your followers to spread the love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were in at least 4 different categories! Woo Hoo, You go Bonnie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:55 AM EDT

    Hi Bonnie, I voted last night when SewGal sent the announcement. congratualtions on all the nominations you are up for (quite a few). I hope you win!!! You have my vote. sandi1100@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wan ou t kno I voted fo you in every possible category! Keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I voted yesterday when I saw SewGal's announcement. Of course I voted for you! Wait, there other people on that list???? If there were I didn't see them.
    Sandy in TN
    http://sandybeachsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have already voted, and as has already been mentioned, you were up for much more than this--I thought you were up for everything!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bonnie....how fun to be able to go vote for you in several categories! I also loved seeing the shops that were nominated and since there were 4 on the list that I have been to I felt like and experienced quilter :) Wish I could have made it to Glendale but between the weather and my bad cold it didn't seem like a wise idea. See you next time you are in southern California

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:13 AM EDT

    Glad to vote for you! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have got my vote for several categories. You are such an inspiration to quilters all over the world. Good luck! and Hey- Go Grey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous10:26 AM EDT

    We are all so proud of you -- award or not. AND we also KNOW you will win Lifetime Achievement.

    Bonnie - for all quilters who simply refuse to throw away scraps aka fabric - I applaud you :) You are SO real the average quilter can totally relate - and yet learn so much. For you willingness to share there might not be an award ... except the one each of us give gladly to you from our hearts (and stashes LOL).

    HUGS JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, what an honor - my votes are in! I noticed they put a lil orca on the logo, hint hint!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. too late........ I already voted for you!
    Good luck :0)
    and keep up the good work!

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you are in VERY good company there. Of course I'll vote for you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous12:30 PM EDT

    I voted for you wherever your name came up. And speaking of names... I thought of one for your Jubilee quilt. How about "Fifty is Nifty,but Cheddar is Better" ?
    Just a thought.
    Linda in CT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous2:04 PM EDT

    Hi Bonnie, I voted for you in every category where you were nominated. Good luck to you, you deserve to win because you are so good and so nice, in addition to being super talented and inspirational! All best wishes, Dianne B. in England

    ReplyDelete
  23. Voted for you in every place where you were nominated. Good luck! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. As your #1 fan I was happy to nominate you and will now go vote too! You are the winner in my book..of all of them! SMILE!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yep, just voted - straight ticket.
    HUNTER all the way! !
    Good Luck, Bonnie.
    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  26. Voting done :) glad to have the opportunity to give at least something back to you for all the inspiration I get from your blog - even if it's just a vote or two that I can actually give ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well, as far as "vote early ... vote often" is concerned...I tried the second half of that just how...having voted for you in every category for which you were nominated last week. I thought they wouldn't let me vote twice and I was right, but liking to see what I can get away with, I thought I'd try anyway!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have my vote on each one with your name!!! Good luck to you. Love your books and blogs. Read the blog faithfully enjoy getting updates by email. Yes, you need a new dress and diamonds for your walk down the red carpet!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I voted! Good luck. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous6:56 PM EDT

    You have my votes.
    Maryella

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)