>>>>

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Home Sweet B&B!

I’m staying at the cutest B&B in North Manchester, Indiana!

Welcome to the Fruitt Basket Inn!

This place is just ADORABLE!

And of course I knew I was in the right place the moment I was greeted, invited in to sign the guestbook, and shown to my room….

Up the beautiful staircase adorned with a GORGEOUS antique red and white star quilt!

Indiana_Sept2012 037

Wow!

I wished I could have gotten a better picture, but the stair way and the banister turn a corner and this was the best I could do.

Indiana_Sept2012 035

But just look at this quilting! Double hanging cross-hatch. Feathers in the pieced border!

Indiana_Sept2012 036

More feathers and diagonal filler lines in the white border, with echoes of alternating diagonals in the final outer border. This was the work of a master quilter! Yet I want you to notice how that winding feather turns the corner above. It just ends where it ends! LOVE IT!!

Come on into my room!

I’m told the house was built between 1900 and 1910. There are many lovely old homes in this little town – I took an evening walk after dinner last night just to get the feel of the place. More pics to follow on that ---

I’ll be dreaming in this bed for a total of 3 nights! One down, two to go!

I love the little alcove with the desk off the main bedroom. The bath is also back there. SO COZY! ((Yes, and perfect for stitching hexagons last night!))

North Manchester, Indiana ----to this traveling girl, you feel like HOME!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, that place is adorable. Definitely a good place to relax in the evening. What a gorgeous quilt and such fantastic quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAhhh.. Adorable!~ I could move right in. So dreamy. I'm so happy for you!~You deserve it!~
    Enjoy every minute! I am sure the breakfast is delicious also . I've never seen that window treatment idea, very creative. Those old homes have such pretty woodwork. I grew up in old houses and miss the creaks and uniqueness of each one. However, the energy efficiency of a new home is very nice.

    Perhaps you will find a quilt to bring home?!?! You never know with you.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable sure is the right word! What I wonder is, how in the world do you find such wonderful places. Enjoy your stay Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful- and yes that tiny room next to it- perfect for reflection + sewing little bits! wonderful! :-) Marietta

    ReplyDelete
  5. BONNIE- do you plot all these lovely places on a map at home?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hostesses find the most comfortable and adorable places for you to stay! It's important to have someplace to relax when you're not in your own home. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just look at all that quilting!!!!! one hour a day?????
    love the window treatment. Who would have thought to hang it sideways????
    After seeing your shoefly block, I tried it with my Accuquilt pieces---so easy. Had cut a bunch of odd pieces with no plan and started using those as L&E. Got 5 half square triangles done just do my one block, I was so impressed. Ramona from Maine

    ReplyDelete
  8. janice in gastonia6:56 PM EDT

    OMG what a beautiful place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Georgous red and white quilt. the quilting is something else from one who hand quilts but not like that. What a wonderful place to spend your evenings and night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, einfach nur wunderschön!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4:10 AM EDT

    We have some really beautiful B&B's here in Australia, we'd love to show you a good time Bonnie. Any chance you might come here? A trunk show and workshop with you is on my bucket list!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)