>>>>

Saturday, September 29, 2012

iPhone-o-gram! Pass the Pickles, Please!

After class was over and all of our supplies were tucked back into our vehicles, a handful of seven of us headed out to dinner!

We were told that Mark's Feed Store was a place not to be missed for Kentucky BBQ. Bring it on!

Of course we had to stop and play around on the hog statue out front just for fun!

If you've never tried fried pickles, they are delish!

What a great bunch of ladies! We were from all over Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Arkansas, and me from North Carolina---and you'd never guess that before Thursday most had never met each other.

Quilters are like that. We bond and we bond quickly!

Safe wishes to those who start their drives home tonight. I'm staying for one more night and heading out in the morning.

I've got an invitation in the morning that I will fill you in on later---

Right now I plan to don my jammies and spend the evening sewing!

11 comments:

  1. Wish we had joined in. We are home and I have unpacked all of my stuff. One glass of wine down. Now it's time to think about eating. Thanks for a great class, Bonnie. I'll hook up with you again.
    Karen (Red, White & Blue) in Richmond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!~ That pig photo is priceless! lol We had wild pigs on the island and I use to want to get a pig statue like this to put at the end of the driveway and dress it up for holidays.lol Too heavy to get in and out of the boat. Dang it. I LOVE fried pickles! and green tomatoes and....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the fried pickles! Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the fried pickles! Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had friend pickles, but I just love Fried Green Tomatoes (both the food and the movie). Glad you're going to rest before driving home. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. quietly quilting, and sniffling....ach, i caught a cold! enjoy the rest of your trip, cant wait to see your surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, It was such a pleasure to meet you and spend the last two days with you. Loved your class and your lecture last night was over the top!!! I am so glad I was able to join you ladies for dinner. Wishing you a safe trip home in the morning, along with Terry back to Arkansas. Look forward to seeing you again Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bonnie,

    I am getting ready to take a plane trip to South Carolina for my best friends graduation from bootcamp. I am working on a EPP hexi quilt and wanted to take my pieces and such as carry on with me. Do they allow the small pins, needles and scissors? I would appreciate any information that you can help me with. Sounds like your having a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have to agree -- fried dill pickles are delish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently discoverd and I love fried pickles!...I like the slices better than the spears... but both are good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never tried fried pickles. Sounds questionable. But I love pickles so I will try them if I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)