>>>>

Friday, February 01, 2013

iPhone-o-Gram! Stretching my legs!

I crossed over the Georgia state line just a bit ago – Time for a walkabout and a leg stretch!

I am at the Lavonia antiques market off of I-85. --Always good for a wander and a rest stop.

Aisles of goodies to browse through – and even found a wonderful simple quilt to drool over!

This Goodie is hand pieced, has a plain muslin backing – and is hand quilted. But the maker was showing off their machine stitching skills by turning the back to the front for binding and stitching it down by machine!

I absolutely love the row of half blocks at the top :-)

Love the colors! Don't you know that Clemson country is just across the border in South Carolina? :-)

Go, Orange!





13 comments:

  1. I'm surprised that cutie is not travelling in Shamu with you - that's your color for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Sorry Sue, I posted my comment in the wrong spot and then deleted it and moved it down :)

      Delete
  2. Hey, that is where that quilt shop is that the 80 something year old lady owns!!~ She started it like 5 years ago or something...
    You should go by there. It's by the railroad tracks!~!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just as surprised as Sue ... it's a beauty! I think Shamu would like it - maybe as a cover for the back seat? Of course, I think Shamu would share it with you, once you get back home ;)

    Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and gorgeous. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this quilt! Is it coming home with you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks closer to a Florida Gators quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished sewing the last seam in my version of your Easy Street mystery quilt. It's in Christmas colors and is named 34th Street, after the movie.
    Pictures at this blog post:
    http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2013/02/34th-street-what-about-borders.html

    Thanks Bonnie, for all your mystery quilt-a-longs, and all you do for us. You are the best!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's a FL Gator quilt too, there are lots of Gators in GA.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the mistake in the lower corner...the block is turned wrong! Must have been distracted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my daughter would love that quilt, she would say Go Gators!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)