>>>>

Thursday, June 05, 2014

Thursday Already?

OR_June2014 132
Time is flying by so fast I can’t believe that Thursday is nearly over.

And poor Max. 

Doesn’t he look neglected and rejected?

Don’t worry, we are not ignoring him completely, in fact our daily long walks are usually dictated by what this guy needs to get out and do, and I think he is enjoying all the attention we are heaping upon him.

He’s usually found laid out at the end of the couch like this, or between the couch and the ottoman, or….

On top of Randy’s quilt when she is trying to lay something out like this:

OR_June2014 110

Only…he MOVED right when I was trying to take the picture!

Randy has been working hard on this quilt called X’s & O’s arranged as a swap by our friend Pat who owns Life’s a Stitch Quilt Shoppe in Janesville, Wisconsin.

To learn more about Randy’s quilt, visit her blog post HERE.

OR_June2014 111

Close up of one section…isn’t this amazing??

I’ve been hard at work on my “Behind the Scenes” project – blocks are now 50% done and I’m trying to decide now if I want a nap --- or if I want to sew!

Oh yes, and today’s Quiltville of the Day for your memory pleasure:

OR_June2014 117

Carolina Crossroads from Scraps & Shirttails!

If you ever wondered how Quiltville mysteries started, it was with this quilt!  Carolina Crossroads happened as I was supposed to be packing up and getting ready to move from South Carolina to North Carolina about 7 years ago.  At this time I didn’t even know I’d be WRITING BOOKS.  I was working as a massage therapist, and the Hubster’s job transfer threw me for a loop, and I dealt with the upheaval by sewing and sewing and sewing and presenting each step along the way as a mystery clue.

When Kansas City Star contacted me with a book offer, I knew I needed to include this in that book.  And the rest is history!

Along with the OTHER area of history –I’ve been writing free patterns and hosting them on my website since 1997.  I moved everything to the blog for ease of access in 2005.  Today I began the big process of revamping the Free Patterns tab to include a thumbnail of each pattern with the title of each pattern so it will be easier to navigate.  I’m part way through, but you can check it out by clicking the Free Patterns tab at the top of the blog.

I’ll continue to work on it, and it will evolve over time.

Eventually I’d like to see the patterns not just in alphabetical order as they are now, but have a section for big quilts, baby quilts, and patterns that are just “blocks”  And maybe a section for previous year’s Leader & Ender challenges.

It will take time, and that is mostly going to happen when I’m sitting in an airport or have time to do a little bit here and there so bear with me.

And yes, I think it is time to go back and sew!

Love from Sunriver --


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

40 comments:

  1. mrsladybug@bellsouth.net8:36 PM EDT

    Blog Giveaways are fune!
    Cody Anne Moss
    mrsladybug@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just checked out the thumbnails on the free patterns tab. What a big help! I don't know how many times I've had to flip back and forth looking for a pattern. I've decided you must never sleep. Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the thumbnails - it will be much easier to search!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the thumbnails! They are a BIG help. Makes searching for a pattern sew much easier. Love it ! You're great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fabulous on the thumbnails!!!! I started putting pics on Pinterest so I could see a picture of each. Having it right here on the blog is much better - GREAT. Thank you for all you do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the thumbnails! Still takes me forever to decide which one i want to do next though. LOL. And yippee i gave my dancing 9 patch to the LAQ yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea of organizing your patterns. You do so much to make OUR lives simply. I thank you for that I shall go see the pattern list in its thumbnail wonder! ROBIN IN LEAVENWORTH WA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, thank you, thank you for thumbnails of your free quilts!! That's so much better than waiting for my slow computer to open each title... Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for all you do for us and share with us. I have gotten the bonus triangle process down pat...now to plan a quilt around the!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:05 PM EDT

    I have the blocks for Carolina Crossroads made, they are hidden somewhere!
    I'm digging them out immediately. Another UFO that never was completed, but boy is it beautiful. Thanks for the reminder Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie your endless energy inspires me! Thanks for the thumbnails and all the fabulous free patterns!
    Sewing away like crazy on my wonky wishes stars this morning and somehow wacked my coffee cup over and it dumped all over my piles of pink and neutral hsts I was using for leaders and enders! Lucy Ball crying went on for a couple seconds. :) Not sure how I'm handling this...finish sewing them and then wash I guess?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know this is a ton of work, Bonnie. Thanks for all you do for us. Now I know why I have Bonnnieitis.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, love the thumbnails. It makes it so much easier to find which pattern I am looking for. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Miss Bonnie.. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, man, what an navigational upgrade! Thanks for putting in the effort to make your beautiful patterns so accessible,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for thumbnails! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for adding the photos to the free patterns list! I was searching for a pattern there and would click a link, nope, back button, repeat thru the list. It is looking wonderful! I really appreciate the patterns & your work! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous12:03 AM EDT

    LOVE the thumbnails! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this for us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much, Bonnie, for all you do ! It´s simple, you know what ? I love you !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So grateful for the work you are doing on the free patterns section. It makes things so much easier. Thank you for all you do. Since reading your blog, you have ignited my love for patchwork after a time in the doldrums.
    Great work.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so great to your blog readers! Thanks for the photo next to the free pattern name! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the rework in the free pattern section! This is going to make it so much easier to browse for the next quilt. Though I might have found my next project, Guilford County is tempting me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now that's what I call dedication! What an awesome feature to include in your free pattern section.... thumbnail pics.... thank you so much for even contemplating spending so much time doing this for us all. Jude

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. THANK YOU for the thumbnails on the free pattern page. Not only are you providing an easy to understand pattern with excellent directions for us for FREE, but now your making it so easy to see the perfect one to start with. You rock Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bonnie, you have the best quilt blog ever, and you're only making it better and better! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bonnie, take your time. You are a gem we all treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  27. lorna-MN7:55 AM EDT

    Love the x & o quilt! As usual your blog is my morning read! Lorna in Mn.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous8:13 AM EDT

    The thumbnails are absolutely awesome and so helpful. Thank you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous8:48 AM EDT

    Love the thumbnails! Thank you for all you do to inspire us!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous9:04 AM EDT

    I love everything you do and so far have accumulated every book with your name anywhere on it! I just started quilting 2 years ago and while I do not have your wonderful eye for color, I'm a work in progress. The new thumbnails are awesome and I appreciate all you do to help us "average" people along. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the thumbnails with the free patterns! So helpful when choosing what to work on next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow Bonnie! You really spoil us -- I love love love the new look of the free pattern page. What am I working on right now? I downsized the Bricks & Stepping Stones pattern for a baby quilt in soft gray & yellow. It's looking fabulous & I'll send a picture when it's done.Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMG I cannot believe I have been sewing with you since 1997! That's amazing and Oh So Cool. Thank you for all the work you do and share. I love our quilting community.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the thumbnails!! Thank you so much, inspiration will strike much faster!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anonymous9:59 AM EDT

    Love the thumbnails with the directions in the free pattern section.I can never remember from the name if I've printed it or not. Now I can see it. Thanks for all you do

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for the thumbnail pix. I don't read you first - you're my dessert and my reward for getting through all the other stuff on my computer each morning.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the thumbnail pic next to the pattern name. That will help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Bonnie! Thanks you as always for all you do. As per your scrap control ideas, i have spent the last several days ironing and cutting up my scraps into 1.5, 2.5, and 3.5" squares.
    it occurs to me that it would be helpful to be able to search your patterns by which size squares are needed for which patterns.

    Any way you might somehow work that in somehow to your revamp of the pattens tab?

    just a thought... thanks again for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  39. The thumbnails on the free tab are great. It must be so much work, but thank you for taking the time to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my gosh, Bonnie; I LOVE the new format you are doing with the free patterns page! Do you ever sleep??!! I surely admire your energy and you. I am sooo happy I was introduced to you & your blog/site a few years ago. You are very inspiring to me and got me going on "productive" leaders and enders. I now either put together random scrappy sqs. for a yet unknown project or pieces for another quilt in progress. Makes so much more sense than the "thread catchers" I was using. I surely hope to meet you in person one day. From a still MN gal to a formers MN gal:-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)