>>>>

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Not-So-Crumby Day in Woodbridge, VA!

20140623_162234-001
We had an amazingly scrappy day with the quilters of Woodbridge, Virginia yesterday – it was our Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs workshop, and the ladies were letting go and having such a great time!

This is Marti who drove down from Delaware with her cohort and partner in quilt-crime,  Carrie .  It’s been really fun to spend the last few days with them here—and when they weren’t sewing like crazy women during our workshops, they turned their hotel room into the ultimate scrap quilt sweat shop.  No pictures allowed! LOL!

Seriously, they’ve sewn circles around me this weekend ---I’m lagging behind and I don’t think I’ll be able to catch up to what these gals can power through their machines!

20140623_115403-1

Kathi's sweet setup!

I’m still learning my new phone….and this batch for some reason, when I edited they were all right side up, when I imported several into picasa to watermark them, they all turned sideways.  Okay, this is enough to make a girl scratch her head!  I just loved this white little featherweight whith the red spool pin doily, the collection of blocks starting to pile up and the hexie pin cushion.  FUN!

20140623_115524-001

Photo Too Dark!

We were in a large room, but it had a very high ceiling and the lighting was an issue so many gals had ott lights to better see their work ---it made for interesting photo ops!

20140623_115600-1

Mary Kerr and Shannon Shirley!

Two fabulous gals known in the art quilt and fiber art world came to play in my class!  How FUN!  I love these ladies, thanks for coming to spend the day, girls!

20140623_155509-001

Shannon’s little quilt!

This was a day of play with no set pattern for the blocks – they could turn them into a pillow, a tote, a wall hanging, a table runner – the object is to play, and play we did!

All of the units except for the letters are available under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog: crumbs, maverick stars, wonky hearts!  The pieced letters are found in Tonya Ricucci's book Wordplay Quilts.

Click the photo below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.
Today is a moving on day for me.  I’ll be with the Stone House Quilters in Manassas tonight for an evening lecture and trunk show.  In between now and then? 

I think some antique mall browsing is in order, don’t you??

Have a super Tuesday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:06 AM EDT

    Loved the crumbs. Have fun antiquing today. Can't wait to see pics . goathillquilter Costa mesa, ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun traveling today. Maybe a vintage machine will decide to come home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MNPennyQuilts12:18 PM EDT

    Was working on some crumbs just a couple of weekends ago! ADDICTING!! Enjoy some shops, let us see what hops in the back of your van :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the crumbs and the wonky words! Going to try them. I have been string piecing my sashings for my wonky wishes stars quilt. Had not done this before! It is so fun! ! ! And is going so much faster than I thought it would. Have fun antiquing! I want to find a featherweight..you have me hung up on finding one :). Do you know what they are bringing?

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)