>>>>

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Smith Mountain Morning with the Northwest Quilters!

Portland_OR2014 255
What a SUPER day we had!

As if pictures aren’t worth at LEAST a 1,000 words….you can see some of the terrific blocks over our heads.

Yesterday we met for a Smith Mountain Morning workshop in the Portland, Oregon area –and let me tell you, these gals are making some BEAUTIFUL quilts.  I’ve taken a bunch of “show and share” photos and those will come along shortly.

In the mean time I’m so happy to share yesterday’s class photos with you – and I think you’ll really be inspired by the color combos these ladies were working with.

There is NO FABRIC too old or too ugly – EVER.

How about this 1970s green??

Portland_OR2014 219

I remember when!!

In fact, there are still bits and pieces of this print in various color ways in my scrap stash ---and I still love it. 

Do you think it looks dated??  Well check it out when mixed with these other fabrics:

Portland_OR2014 244

It’s right at home!!

I like to think of fabrics as just one of a couple things ---color, or value placement.  Okay, maybe both.  But I love to mix up those oldies but goodies full of childhood memories into my quilts.  This is a great example of bringing the DEEP STASH forward and letting it shine!

You can of course, find the pattern for Smith Mountain in my book Scraps & Shirttails II.  Signed copies are available HERE.

Portland_OR2014 238

And they sewed and sewed all day long!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Smith Mountain Morning, Portland OR 2014



Today is our last workshop day.  We are scrapping it up with a “Love Shack” workshop and I just know it’s going to be a fun time.

Tomorrow morning I’m off to the airport and headed home! 

Have a super Wednesday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

10 comments:

  1. It looks like everyone is having a blast sewing beautiful quilts! I have that beautiful "vintage" green flowered fabric in my stash. Some of it made it into my Celtic Solstice quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made bathroom curtains out of that very same green fabric sometime in the late 70's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:13 PM EDT

    I very much enjoyed attending Monday and Tuesday classes, meeting Bonnie, and having a great time seeing all the beautiful fabric combos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep still got some of that!

    Happy Sewing, safe trip home

    ReplyDelete
  5. So love that you give us all permission to use it up--not matter how old it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your haircut! I am sincerely delighted that you had an opportunity to spend one on one time with Randy! Don't we all wish for that opportunity, but few are granted. You are an amazing woman Bonnie! Continued success....darlynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking for the name of the travel iron mentioned in your blog from SunRiver. Is there an archive of past blogs or could you mention the name of the iron again. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is a sunbeam travel iron 12.99 GCSBTR-100 on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blocks and colors! Everyone is always having so much fun in your workshops. Thanks for sharing all your photos Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)