>>>>

Friday, June 27, 2014

A Morning at Mary’s Quilt Shop!

20140626_112335
Along with our errands that needed to be run in the morning, we also had to make a stop at Mary’s Quilt Shop – dropping off some bolts of fabric, bringing in things for tonight’s lecture like door prizes and other supplies ---

Mary got busy talking things over with her staff, getting all of our ducks in a row, leaving me free to wander!

I get here only about once a year and I wish it was more often ---I love the feel of this town!

Originally a one family home built in 1813,  it had also housed many a bar, other businesses, including a brothel upstairs. 

I remember seeing it before the redo – what a labor of love and sweat and tears went into turning this into one of the most beautiful historic commercial buildings in Bedford, PA.

20140626_114159

Building from across the street!

20140626_112505

Americana in full view for the 4th of July holiday!

20140626_111118

Antique quilts on shelves, for oohing and ahhing!

20140626_112411

Light from a front window illuminates great displays!

20140626_111128

Don’t forget the fat quarter bin showcasing Mary Koval’s great fabrics!

20140626_111145

Full yard cuts on this shelf – love the chickens!

20140626_112430

The antique quilts on display change regularly as well.

Love this applique in dark green and cream!

20140626_112443

Reproduction quilt made with Mary’s fabrics

20140626_113042

A darling little shop for your reproduction dreams!

And yes, I did find fabric that is going home with me!

And no, I can’t show it to you yet because I’m still gathering bits and pieces to pull together for our November mystery but I haven’t fully made my mind up yet if I want THIS color way, or THAT one…but I will be ready by October which is just a few short months away now!  Are you getting as excited as I am?  I just need time to start SEWING!

But today we are setting up for my lecture – we expect 100 guests, and there are refreshments to be arranged, and quilts to be set up.  If you are anywhere near Bedford, PA –the lecture starts at 7pm at the American Legion building in Bedford.  If you need directions, contact Mary’s Quilt Shop and they will give you directions. 

It promises to be a fun time, and I hope to see you there!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

6 comments:

  1. I'll be there!! I'm taking care of all my errands before I get on my way this afternoon. Can't wait to spend the weekend with my QFFs and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:11 AM EDT

    I'm coming and bringing friends!

    Carole D
    Altoona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish!! I live about 2 hours west of there, but there's no way. Enjoy your stay in Bedford!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the pleasure to live in Bedford one summer in the late 1960's and fell in love with Bedford. My parents managed the New Hoffman Hotel it is no longer there. We visited Bedford a couple of years ago and took a walk down memory lane. Enjoy your visit and can't wait to see what else you found there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohh a lovely gathering place indeed....as soon as i make the move to MD i am heading up here pronto....thanks for the eye candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Bonnie for your side trip sharing! we get to go places and into shops many of us will never see in person. This is so much fun!
    Have a good time, drive safely
    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)