>>>>

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Maverick Stars from Debbie!

Debbie2
I love seeing the projects that you take off with!

And seeing these photos in my inbox made me smile, and I love sharing them with you too – so if you have made quilts from my designs or inspired by something you have seen here, please share your photos with me!

Debbie sent these along, with the following:








Hi, Bonnie. 
I just wanted to share two pics of our Maverick Stars quilts that our group, the Preble County Stitchers in Preble County, Ohio, made as a donation quilt for the Potter          orphanage in Indiana. 
I showed the ladies how to make your Maverick Stars and they just took off.  For each block they donated for the quilt, I gave them a chance on prizes.  We had so much fun and used so many small pieces. 

They always kidded me because I wanted their tiny scraps; now, they're keeping them for themselves.  LOL. 

To make the quilt more interesting, I added a few large (12") Maverick Stars; I just used 4 1/2 inch squares instead of 2 1/2 inch squares.  Our group now understand how much you inspire all of us. 

Thanks for offering the pattern for free.
Debbie
Aren’t these great?

Check out this one:

Debbie1

That uses up a LOT of scraps!!

Thanks Debbie for sending along the photos, what fun quilts!

You can find the basic tutorial for Maverick Stars under the Free Patterns tab at the top of the blog.

I am a nervous auntie.

My sister Joy went in to deliver baby Emery last night around 9pm EST.  I hardly slept.  I tossed, I turned, I kept checking my phone for messages --

I have heard nothing!

I know that babies take their own sweet time to get here.  I know that with today’s technology we are used to INSTANT information.  I know that this precious sweet family may want some bonding time together before they blast it all over facebook that Emery is here, but I’m still a nervous auntie!

More info will come as I know more – maybe by Quilt-Cam tonight we’ll have word!  9pm Eastern.  Be here!

I’m headed out to lunch with my friend Lisa today ---new place in Winston that I’ve never been to before called the Porch.  There my be food pictures to follow!

See you tonight ---


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

6 comments:

  1. Stitch, Bonnie, stitch. That will help you pass the time to hear about baby Emery. All the best wishes for a healthy baby and happy new family. Now I'm kind of nervous, too, waiting to hear.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sent up a quick prayer for your sis and the new baby. Pray delivery went well. My first grandbaby was born one month ago and the nerve racking waiting while my daughter was in labor was about all I could stand. Way harder than having my own kids. LOL! I have a beautiful new grandson :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You asked for photos of quilts made using your patterns. There are photos of all of my quilts (that I still had in Jan 2014) (3 using your patterns) on my guild's FB page -- Village Quilters Guild. Scroll down to the end to see them. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.782845078396253.1073741840.159533520727415&type=3

    Looking forward to having you as speaker in Oct.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

  4. Super Scrappy Quilts! I hear ya, Waiting to hear of a new arrival is hard. My DD#1 was born 32 years ago on Monday. I sure waited a long time for her. Hope you hear soon, by QuiltCAM works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:02 PM EDT

    Please post food pics, I used to live in Winston and would love to see what I am missing

    ReplyDelete
  6. These stats look really fun! Can't wait too give then a try :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)