>>>>

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Virginia Bound in Fredericksburg, VA!

20140620_150431
The Virginia Star quilters will ALWAYS show you a good time!

I was last here with this group about 3 years ago, and it was so fun to see so many familiar faces ---we seemed to just take up where we left off, and there was a whole lot of catching up going on.

It was a beautiful day in Fredericksburg, sunny and hot outside, cool with the a/c humming inside – PERFECT!

I never get tired of teaching this class.

I love students who are new to string piecing, and watching them approach it with a bit of trepidation, but soon finding their groove and learning that it really is fun, and relaxing and stress free, and the results are fabulous!

20140620_162019

Ready to put borders on!!!

No, not all in one day ---but some projects, you know how it goes?  You think you’ll try just ONE test block at home to be sure you like your color choices, and then….just like potato chips, or girl scout Thin Mints ---you’ve got all but 4 blocks done! 

I don’t mind!  It really encourages the other students to keep on with their projects when they see someone persevering to get those blocks to top status!

20140620_163838

And she finished it!!  YAY!

SO, This morning Picasa Web Albums is giving me “Internal Server Errors” and I’ve waited it out for an hour for things to resolve themselves but they haven’t…so I’m going to have to use the Windows Live Writer slide show to share classroom photos.

I apologize in advance knowing this isn't going to work for some of you, but it’s the best I can do ---bear with me and If I can get the regular Picasa way to work later, I’ll re-edit this post and let you know!

Fingers crossed this plays for most of you!

20140620_212621

Late night sewing!

I arrived in Woodbridge last evening after 6pm thanks to crazier than normal Friday evening rush hour traffic between Fredericksburg and Woodbridge, just south of DC.  Checked in, grabbed dinner and came back and set up to sew.
My pink centered Spiderweb block quarters are just about done, ready to trim up and sew together.  I can’t wait to have the pink ones done so I can start on the yellow round!

BTW..anyone wanting to play along with me on a Spiderweb-a-thon feel free to jump in.  The pattern is under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog.  This is very casual with no deadlines, but it is a lot of fun.  I showed my layout HERE on our last Quilt-Cam night. My blocks finish about 10 3/4, but you can do them any size you want, just start your drafting process with a smaller square.  My quilt center finishes about 90 X 100  ((Yes, you know I like big quilts and have loads of scraps to use up)) but you can make it any size you want.
Doesn’t it sound like a fun Summer Challenge?

Time to run down for breakfast and get this day going, have a great Saturday, everyone!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

9 comments:

  1. The slide show worked great for me on the iPad! Your class looks like so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virginia star quilters was my first quilt guild, 1985-1988--only 25 members then, glad to see they are still going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great quilt. I love mine and it's in the header of my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The slides worked beautifully for me on my kindle--better than the other way. :-) Thinking of you as I sew cheddar bowtie blocks together in my motel room today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:53 PM EDT

    Great color choices for inspiration! I would love to see the finished quilt tops! (and again Google acct won't open...Lisa from Alaska)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one terrific pattern Bonnie. I see you are working on the revised Spider Web. OK, yet another Bonnie quilt added to my ever growing Bonnie list! Have MERCY! LOLOL

    Smiles,
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slide show worked great on my iPad. Looks like every one is having fun. Have a good evening

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice slideshow. Love the pattern and how it comes together for everybody with all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is the name of this pattern and what book is it in? thanks

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)