>>>>

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Smith Mountain Morning–and Galaxy s5 Photos!

Durham_NC2014 213
I am so happy to be here with the Durham Orange Quilters!

Not only for the fun we are having quilting, but for the vintage machine love..check out this Aqua baby who belongs to Sally --

And then check out the photo quality of my Galaxy s5!  The clarity and detail is blowing me away – and I know that no matter how I struggle to learn this or that, that this girl is not too old to learn something new, and I am finding things I love more and more every day!

And yes, that includes this 57 Chevy paint job on this beauty.  Whooohoooo!

There were also a couple of other Galaxy users in class, and their pointers have been invaluable to me, and so was the hour and a half I spent with Mickey on the phone yesterday evening ((after a 2 hour nap!)) talking me through a couple of things.  More to learn, and more to love. 

Durham_NC2014 212

Ruby!  And a great photo!

Durham_NC2014 222

Even the sole plates of the irons are shiny clear!


Barbara, Me & Carolyn!

We really had a great time and the ladies were making some beautiful blocks –you’ve gotta check them out!

Click the image below if you can’t view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.
Smith Mountain Morning is found in my book Scraps & Shirttails II.  Signed copies can be ordered HERE.

Today’s class is Jamestown Landing ---a mess of strings and scraps and half square triangles awaits!

And lest we forget – Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there, be they here with us, or held close in our memories.

10439326_10152498585898909_1790291373109341000_n

Dad and me in 1963!

Have a great Sunday everyone ---


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

5 comments:

  1. this is one of my fave bonnie patterns, every colorway is gorgeous i think....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a reason for the thread on the red FW running under the light assembly? Also was the table attachment on the red FW one of the ones Bonnie uses that are interchangeable?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new phone takes really nice quality pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture of you and your Dad! Your new phone has a great camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was my old eyes (LOL), but those photos are really much clearer and brighter!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)