>>>>

Sunday, June 22, 2014

A bit of Sunday Sewing!

20140622_143741
How nice to have a Sunday as a day off – and be away from home to have it!

Now, don’t get me wrong – I love to be home.  I need to be home.  But I also know that if I were home, that NO SEWING would be happening. 

I’d be cleaning the house – or at least the basement studio which really looks like hoarders have moved in ---

It seems I arrive home with packages from my trips and they land on every horizontal surface until I can’t see the top of this table, or that dresser, or heaven forbid try to access my accuquilt studio ---BURIED!

And Shannon was kind enough to invite me over to the classroom at her house where she teaches her fiber art classes, and we set up and sewed together for the afternoon.

Can you see by this picture that I have moved on to the yellow kites for the String-Spider-Web-a-thon?

I sewed and sewed while Shannon was working on a commission piece for someone else….and we talked and talked and laughed and talked some more.

20140622_151346

Block quarters got trimmed up!

20140622_183519

And when I got back to my room I laid them out on the bed!

This project is evolving as I am working on it, but I’m sure having fun with the different colored centers.

I also want to introduce you to Miss Emery Elizabeth:

Emery3days

Little cutie, 3 days old!

She is so alert and so inquisitive!  I just wonder what she is thinking of this big and brand new world she has entered into--

There is Mexican on the agenda for dinner, and who knows what this evening holds.  Believe it or not, I’m kind of all-sewed-out right now.  Maybe a movie and some simple relaxing. 

We have a busy day tomorrow, a full Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs workshop with the Cabin Branch Quilters, followed by my presentation at their monthly meeting tomorrow night…Tuesday I move on to Manassas!

Have a great Sunday evening, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

19 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having fun. What a sweet little girl she is! I know auntie is proud! Wen she is old enough teach her to sew she can be your helper! Have fun in your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the pics of Emery! So sweet!
    Love the yellow kites too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some times you just need to recharge your batteries. Being a road warrior is grueling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lorna, mn9:43 PM EDT

    Looks like you are having a relaxing day! Always love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how you do it. I'm exhausted just reading about your adventures. Your new nice is an absolute doll. I know an Auntie that will spoil her. Can you guess who?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie... will you share how you deal with all the spider web points coming together? I have done a similar block called Mountain Star and I don't know how to make those junctions lay any flatter than they do.
    What a pretty new little niece you have! Congratulations auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emery is gorgeous and so alert for a 3day old baby. She reminds me of my daughter at that age. She is definitely a keeper. Hope you get to see her soon. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, Does the Accumulation kite die work with your spider Web pattern? Mom & I couldn't decide.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emery is a huggable! She has a lot of hair, too. Maybe Aunt Bonnie will make her a little headband with a flower on it? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a little dolly Emery is. So alert and big-eyed. I love all the blocks, but the string spiderweb really beckons me! I think I must try it. Looks like these ladies are having a blast! Thanks for sharing the pictures, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful little girl. I think she is wondering how old she has to be to quilt with Aunt Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely day you had - doing what you most enjoy: sewing and socializing with a fellow quilter. Then topped off magnificently by receiving photos of your sweet little niece! Wonderful day which I hope left you feeling refreshed for another full day on Monday. Your schedule sounds punishing, I really don't know how you cope!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emery Elizabeth is absolutely gorgeous! A future quilter for you to teach!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  14. OHHHHHHHHHHH such a SweetBaby!!!! She is too precious! I would be carrying her around all day!

    And I am happy to here you are home.. always nice to walk back into your own place. Accuquilt buried... HELP IT, dig fast! I can now see why you would have the giant industrial version. They rock!

    smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  15. Emery is adorable! Bet you can't wait until you have more time with her. She'll be so ready for you to hold her in the quilt you made her. Bonnie, do you ever take a real vacation other than quilting ones like your European tour or England tour? I don't know how you do it! But, I'm glad you do it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your new niece, Bonnie. Emery looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. all sewed out? ??? Didn't think that could ever happen. glad you got to have a break.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a sweet looking baby! Glad you were able to get some "me" sewing in. I feel guilty trying to steal some "me sewing" time in when there is customer work and housecleaning to do. I love quiltcam as it gives me a good excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute little doll. So bright eyed. Dark hair and blue eyes were our little girls. Welcome little one. I'm sure you make the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)