>>>>

Friday, June 20, 2014

Show & Share in Fredericksburg VA!

1
We had a lot of great Show & Share in last night’s meeting of the Virginia Star Quilters of Fredericksburg, VA!

I was last here 3 years ago, and it was wonderful to see familiar faces and see what they have been up to since the last time I saw them.

Get a load of this wonderful string quilt! 

The blocks finish at 3”, each with a black stripe down the center diagonal, neutrals on one side, colors on the other….fabulous!  Stop for a moment to consider the amount of little bitty scraps one can use up in a simple block with oodles of piecing like this.  The maker and I discussed at some length our love of little pieces and smaller blocks and how the repeat of the pattern in a smaller scale across the surface of a larger quilt is just captivating.  I love this!

2

Hopscotch Butterscotch from Adventures with Leaders & Enders!

3

Scrappy Trips!  Love the fun layout and the extra squares used as a top and bottom border only!

Pattern found under the Free Patterns tab at the top of the blog.

4

A beautiful Scrappy Mountain Majesties in purples and greens!

Pattern also found under the Free Patterns tab above!

5

Oklahoma Backroads done in greens and neutrals!

See that itty bitty triangle border? That’s all the bonus units made from the blocks themselves!  Free pattern also from the Free Patterns tab.

6

It was a fun crowd!

We shared lots of stories, lots of inspiration and loads of laughter. 

Thanks for inviting me to spend the evening with you, Virginia Star Quilters!

I’m off for a Virginia Bound workshop this morning, it’s going to be a string-packed mess of a day and I can’t wait.

When the workshop is over, I’m moving up the road to begin my time with the Cabin Branch quilters of Woodbridge, VA. 

And the adventure continues!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

12 comments:

  1. The quilt is awesome! I can't help but wondering why the man in the photo is holding his head. Does he have a headache or is he shocked by the quilt? Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, I was thinking the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was just resting his eyes before the Lecture, I bet. Glad you got to see these fun Quilts made from your Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was with you 3 years ago in Fredericksburg. Wish I were there today too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have converted me! I no longer want to make big blocks. It stretches by comfort zone but I am working hard on small blocks. Two inch hst are hard, but I shall persevere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I see Bonnie-Quilts my quiltie self gets going thinking on getting another started. And right this minute, UFOs need me... OH NO

    smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really great to see a number of men in the audience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning quilts! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE your 'show and share's! Keep them coming! It's so much fun to see everyone's versions of the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:39 AM EDT

    Love the pictures, but are my eyes going bad, some of your quilts appear blurry. I know you have new equipment and hope that will solve the problem I am having. Johanne Hagar
    2hagars@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are all amazing works!
    I'm sitting and scouring the photos for a glimpse of my aunt. I have no idea if she is a member if a quilt guild, but she sews and quilts and lives in Fredricksburg!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had to laugh when I read fun for all, and then saw the man holding his head, that would be my husband if he saw there.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)