>>>>

Friday, June 27, 2014

Trish & Sheila’s Show & Share from Fredericksburg!

20140620_134845
This is Sheila and Trish sharing Trish's  Roll Roll Cotton Boll from String Fling!

I wanted to post these lovelies before I get too buried in the weekend…it was a busy hectic time in Fredericksburg, arriving for my evening lecture, a class the next morning and then right out of town and heading for Woodbridge right after the class was over, and I realized that I didn’t post these…and they are SO great!

We’ve already wiggled room for another Fredericksburg visit in early 2018, so I’ll be seeing these ladies again….that gives them what ----4 years to work on their UFO’s we started just a week ago? ((Has it been a week already? Yes, it has!))

Thanks for  bringing the quilt, Trish, it's GORGEOUS!


20140620_135014

Sheila’s Holy Toledo From Scraps & Shirttails II!


Sheila is a fabulous quilter, and a very fun gal to be around.  She was on our Germany trip last December, and it was extra special…though she had told her hubby, Brady that they were going to be traveling somewhere together, he had no idea WHERE they were going until they arrived at the airport.  Sheila planned it all herself and kept it on the sly to keep him guessing.

How romantic is that?

20140620_135023

Close up!

Sheila used recycled shirts in shades of grey and pink for her version of Holy Toledo and I just love this color combo – isn’t it fun?  And the fun doesn’t stop here:

20140620_135051

Racing stripes down the back!

20140620_135154

This is Sheila’s Bargain Basement from Scraps & Shirttails --

20140620_135241

More racing stripes on the back!

She used oodles of leftover orphan units in the front..anywhere you see a flying goose unit, broken dishes, basket or 9 patch – that is a 3” finished “OPEN” space where ANYTHING can go ---what a fun quilt!

20140620_135314

Maverick Stars in a Random Ohio Stars Setting!

Under the free patterns tab is a free pattern for Random Ohio Stars – Sheila played with this same setting idea, substituting Maverick Stars instead…isn’t it great?

20140620_135548

Jared Takes a Wife from the Free Patterns tab ---
Just waiting for borders!

20140620_135626

Rectangle Wrangle From Scraps & Shirttails II!

Also just needing borders!

20140620_135633

Close up of great recycled fabrics!

Thanks for sharing your quilts with us all, Sheila – they are WONDERFUL!

I’m just kicking back at Mary’s after a run around morning getting things ready for tonight’s lecture…there is some of this in progress:

hexies1

Hexies on Mary’s coffee table!

I’m downloading some audio books from my library while typing this..I’ve got a long drive home on Monday, and I’m excited.  I’ll be stopping by Hollis Chatelain’s who lives a mere 45 minutes from my home in North Carolina –on my way home from Pennsylvania!  It will be a good location for a leg stretch, a visit and a chat with a friend, and I’ll need some audio books to keep me busy on that long drive.

Heading out shortly to meet up with Mary and get ready for the lecture – let the Bedford Quilters Whirlwind begin!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

6 comments:

  1. What gorgeous quilts! Sheila leaves me wanting to make each one of the quilts. Her color combinations are fabuluous! I especially like the Maverick Stars. Looking at others' quilt tops helps bring out our own creativity. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great quilts! I wish I were as productive. :)

    I love listening to audiobooks when I drive. In fact, I always have one going on my iPod and any drive of more than 5 minutes is listening time. I'm re-listening to all of Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" series in preparation for the newest, just due out. I'm half way through book four - 3 more after that. They range 35-45 hours of listening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pink/greay combination! she did a Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic work, Sheila! I love your colours.

    I was just thinking that I should make something in hexagons with all my red and white scraps, and Bonnie, here you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful quilts - congrats, Sheila! love that Holy Toledo in particular - great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)