>>>>

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Show & Share with the Northwest Quilters!

x
What do you do when you have 3 classes full of prolific piecers and quilters?

You hold a lunch time Show & Share and wish that the class could go longer because the quilts that just kept coming were so Awesome!

I *LOVE* Show & Share at the end of our lunch time break when I am teaching – it gives me a chance to see what you’ve been up to.  You can tell so much about a person by the fabrics and colors they choose to work with, the styles of fabrics, and the stories that comes with each quilt – oh, there are ALWAYS stories!

If I am coming to your area, you do not need to be told ahead of time to BRING YOUR QUILTS --  just bring them!  It really adds to our day – and then we are energized and ready to get back to sewing when it is time to hit the machines again.

Portland_OR2014 309

Celtic Solstice with our Mascot, Quiltzilla!

Of course, people are hiding BEHIND the quilts while holding them up, so I’m not going to be able to list names, even if I could at this point ---but I hope you enjoy the nice long slide show of wonderfulness coming out of the Portland, Oregon area!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Northwest Quilters Show & Share, Portland, OR 2014



I’m up and at it and ready to teach a Smith Mountain Morning workshop with the Durham Orange Quilters today! 

The sun is shining brightly and it’s going to be a hot and sultry summer day in North Carolina.  I’m already missing the NO HUMIDITY of Central Oregon and Portland ---but it feels good to be home in my own state even though I wasn’t quite sure where I was when the alarm went off this morning.

First class with a new phone – will I survive?  So far I’m liking it, and still getting it set up the way I want it.

My Kindle Fire is also a Droid platform, so quite a bit of the navigation is familiar to me –it’s just going to take a while, just like learning this windows 8 laptop that I’m on.  I grumbled and grumped about it at first, but eventually I came around to appreciating the new things it could do that my old one couldn’t.  It’s all about what we are used to!

Have a great Saturday, Everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

15 comments:

  1. I miss your posts of Quiltville on Facebook. Was waiting for you to come back from the cabin and visit with your kids. Has Facebook knocked you off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Bonnie, for the wonderful slideshow of the Oregon Show and Tell. Wow there are lots of inspiring quilts there! Sometimes I just feel overwhelmed by all the quilts that I want to do, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the Show and Tells...thank you so much. What a hoot to see the quilters caught chatting about the quilts! Good ladies all.

    Once more, and again even!, the most stunning part is seeing your patterns made up in many different color choices!

    Fun times
    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:02 AM EDT

    I am intrigued by the vest quilt? any info? our little group received quite a few vest panels from another quilter. so far all we have done with them is cut them up.. this would be a novel idea. Joaniegirl quilts in central Fl

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures on your phone aren't as crisp as on the old one. I just did a side by side comparison. Still nice to have the pictures though! Thx for a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure I NEED that inflatable dinosaur. He'd make an awesome addition to my sewing room and would remind me not to take sewing and quilting so seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the Show and Tells!! What inspiration it gives us all!!! And of course the fun you all have!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will have to consider the Galaxy the next time I change phones. I have a Droid Razyr, but, though it will allow me to post text on the Blogger app, it will not post photos, so it's not of any value, as the photos make the posts more interesting than all text.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post was worth the wait. Thanks for sharing all the pretty Quilts from my Friends at the NQ Quilters Workshop! I saw a few familiar faces! Glad you are getting used to your S5 Phone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! Those vest panels used as backing win the all-time trophy for 'use it up and get it out of the stash!'

    ReplyDelete
  11. One day quilt historians will pinpoint the years of some of these quilts based on when you came up with the patterns and note the crazy popularity of certain mystery quilt patterns! History in the making right here, thanks for the quilt show--I felt like I was there with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always great to see the wonderful creations of others! Thanks for sharing the Show and Tell slides! Can you tell me the name of the pattern of the red, cream and brown star quilt? And, where I might get it? I love all the others but this one sings to my heart! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the show and share slideshows. So many great quilts! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't that the truth??? It always comes down to getting comfortable with "new". Congrats on your new phone and getting accustomed to it!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)