>>>>

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Because Quilters Work Hard!

20140626_180430
It’s hard to get a great photo of Bedford Springs on a hot sunny day in the late afternoon.

Too much light means I’m shooting into the sun and things are washed out, but this place was bought from local Native Americans in 1796, and the first inn was built on the spot in 1806 – it has a LONG history in this area!

It reminds me very much of the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan ---but as far as dates go, this one is much older.

20140626_180355

Gatherings on the lawn!

I don’t know if you can see behind the cars, but there was a “DO” happening on the lawn as we were leaving ---they hold many weddings, reunions, and gatherings here on the lawn, and I can see why.  It’s just BEAUTIFUL out here.

20140625_164344

Entrance!

20140625_164352

Toward the lobby

20140625_164505

From front desk looking back at stair case --

20140625_164937

Through the library and all the way down the hall ---

As nice as the décor was, we had our own agenda ---we were here for a spa day!  Let’s go!

20140626_173856

Hallway in the ladies' locker room – check out the tile!

20140626_170443

Long soak in the jacuzzi “Bedford Baths”  Yes, please!

20140626_170505

Steam rooms and saunas, anyone?

20140626_170511

I know I’ve posted photos of this place before, but I so love it – I can’t stop taking pics!

But the best part of the day – after the massage, we get to enjoy the facilities and just unwind and relax ---I promise, I was NOT doing email during this time – just taking a photo…ahhhhh bliss!

20140626_134833

Poor white chigger-bitten legs!

It was the perfect way to spend the day, and we both needed it as Mary’s travel has been internationally-grueling as much as mine has been state-side crazy!

More history on Bedford Springs HERE.

We plan to continue our girl’s day by enjoying dinner made by Mary’s hubby Joe….great food, great friends, great conversation, and tomorrow we begin to set up for tomorrow evening’s lecture.

How was YOUR Thursday??


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place to visit! Enjoy it you so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, what a gorgous place! You so deserve a spa day - and what could be better than with a girl friend? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents spent their honeymoon there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post makes me want to schedule a girls spa day with my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Glad you both got some relaxing down time! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love reading your blog. I have learned so much history and seen beautiful places because of you. Not to mention all the wonderful quilts. Thank you so much. Enjoy your spa day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:29 PM EDT

    Well for sure my day was not as good as yours, glad Mary was looking out for you and got you just what you needed!
    Jan in ND

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:29 PM EDT

    Well for sure my day was not as good as yours, glad Mary was looking out for you and got you just what you needed!
    Jan in ND

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Thursday was WONDERFUL! Spent the day as a quilt angel in Shipshewana surrounded by so many beautiful quilts! There are a lot of talented quilters out there, Bonnie, and so friendly too! I had a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful facility, but I bet they can't match the front veranda of the Grand Hotel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a beautiful place to treat yourself to some relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHHHHHHHHHHH.... reminds me of the old Calgon commercial "Take me away" ............. such luxury and peacefulness!


    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)