>>>>

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Mystery to Me!

Several months ago I was contacted by the gals in the Amoskeag Quilters Guild about using my Boxy Stars tutorial as “PART” of a Mystery for the guild.

Of COURSE!  I love being part of something like this ----

But what I didn’t know is how the blocks were going to be set, how the details were going to be run, and I had forgotten that all of these wonderful quilts would be revealed during my visit here in Manchester, New Hampshire!

What you are about to see looks NOTHING like my quilt at all -- it took on a life of its own and I have the guild to thank for what they did to set my blocks.  FABULOUS!

When a group does mysteries…you might expect a handful of ladies to get up and show what they did….

But this group had something like 45 or more participants that all showed up with not only quilt TOPS, but many had completed quilts ---quilted, bound, and labeled!

And they are all so magnificent, I want to share what photos I caught with you in a slide show here.

You’ll have to pardon any blurries.  And pardon any quilters hiding behind their quilts like Kilroy ---it reminds me so much of this cartoon of Mrs Bobbins hiding behind her quilt at show and tell!

Thanks to Carolyn for taking this great photo of the whole mystery group together after the lecture last night:

mystery group

Now take a look at the show of quilts here and see just how different each quilt is from one to the next!

If you can't view the slide show, click the image below to be taken directly to the web album.
Mystery Show & Tell, Manchester, NH 2013
We are off this morning for a Midnight Flight workshop ----it’s going to be a hustling and bustling day, with something like 46 students – where are my ROLLER SKATES?!? 

 Quilty Fun still alive and well in Manchester, New Hampshire!
 

26 comments:

  1. Unbelievable! How gorgeous and how creative each one is. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What gorgeous quilts. So many differnt colorways and settings to inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! It always amazes me how you can take the same pattern but change the fabrics and Viola you have a whole new quilt! At times it is hard to believe that it is even the same pattern. Love the slide show! Those ladies worked hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing variety in those beautiful quilts. As a designer I love to see what people do with my patterns and I am quite often surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the amazing slide show! I loved each one! The creativity and imagination of these ladies is amazing. Congratulations to each one .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Wish I had known you were in NH. I would have loved to have taken your workshop or listened to your lecture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely Delightful! Bonnie you must be just BURSTING to see all those amazing boxy stars. The one with the little "babies" soooo adorable! What a WONDERFUL group. Makes you want to move to New Hampshire JUST so you can join that group of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job ladies! Wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just noticing most of the quilts are planned colors. All blocks the same. What happened to the scrappy? They are all beautiful. I love the look of the same pattern with different colors. Such nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilts! Great job, ladies! Thanks for sharing all your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Bonnie, they are fab!!! They all look so different. Thank you so much for putting the slide show up for us all to see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing. It's just amazing how unique each quilt is. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the sizes and color. They each look so different. I love that about quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How inspiring, I'm sure you felt like a proud Mama watching this parade of stars!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mine didn't turn out half a good a theirs. I even unsewed all of the sashing because I didn't like it. Now all I have is blocks. Maybe this might be the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great showing of quilts! As an occasional teacher, I know it is very gratifying to see the finished quilts that were started in class. You must have been overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this pattern, Bonnie, and have made a few already, even have one waiting patiently to get machine quilted. Not one of mine is a fabulously beautiful as this group made, but mine are sure scrappy!!! I will attempt to post a pic when I get the waiting one done. You have turned me into a "Bonnie Addict", and there is no way to stop that!!! Many heartfelt thanks for all you share and do for us all, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WowZie, all made in your honor, Bonnie.

    Just think they all wanted to impress you and thank you for your pattern and your love of all quilters.

    You are some lady, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are simply gorgeous! Love seeing the different colorways~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Bonnie for letting me use your Boxy Star block for this mystery quilt project with our guild. It was fun to take your block and set it 'at sea' to come up with a Mystery Quilt project that was fun to make and organize. It was a pleasure meeting you and we enjoyed sharing our accomplishments with you. We had 59 quilts on display. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celeste,
      I just loved those quilts. The sashing and cornerstones were gorgeous! Is it possible for you to tell me how you did the sashing? Thanks.
      Sandra

      Delete
  23. I love seeing the same design in different colours and these ladies certainly pushed the boundaries to make some wonderful quilts! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great group of fun lovin' ladies. Thanks for sharing the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a stunning show of quilts! That was just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)