>>>>

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Stitching Away in Shipshewana!

I've received a couple of emails from gals that have had a BLAST Quilting away at the Dear Jane retreat in Shipshewana, Indiana!
The photo you see here is Coleen Lim's  Civil War Quilt from Barbara Brackman's Block of the Week.
I've been to retreats at the Farmstead Inn --- they can hold a TON of quilters, and everyone has a really, really great time!
Rosemary wrote:
Dear Bonnie,
Just returned from spending a week in Shipshewana at the dear Jane retreat. 

I thought I would forward you the smile box from the retreat, a lot of the girls were making some beautifulQuilts from your Easystreet and other patterns.

Have a wonderful day stitching, looking forward to the next quilt cam.
Rosemary Youngs
It was such an awesome time. http://rosemaryyoungs.com/
http://rosemaryyoungs.wordpress.com/

Oh boy, I wish I could go to this!  
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a photo slideshow

You don't have to work on "JUST" Dear Jane, it's evolved over time -- you can work on what you want to work on, and the variety in this slide show proves it!

One more run to the post office and I'll be all caught up....I think there is a nap planned for my afternoon!
What's going on with yours??

12 comments:

  1. Those folks made some FABULOUS quilts. Love how the handlers stand on benches to show the entire quilt, and the small ones strung on a clothes line. Shipshewana is only and hour from me - might have to get to that retreat after I retire in June! (36 more days of school . . . )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I was there. Wonderful retreat and several Easy Street quilts and one Orca Bay shown. Great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I was in Michigan a couple of weeks ago and ended up taking my grandkids to the closest water park that had availability which was the Amish Country Inn in Shipshewana. That was the first time I had ever heard of it, and now here we go again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the slideshow! I even recognized some quilts made by my dear quilt guild friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rosemary! I count on your smilebox to see all of the quilts. I always volunteer to hold up the quilts during show and tell. I'm trying to hide behind them as much as possible. Sorry that I didn't take my Easy Street. I'm JT2 #4 & #5.
    An all time goal was reached at this retreat. I DID NOT BUY ONE THREAD OF FABRIC!!!!!!! Every retreat I tell my friends I don't need anymore fabric. DO NOT LET ME BUY. Then on Saturday I loose all self-control and buy a cart load. Saturday at 5:00 I did a big Snoopy dance! My roommate threatened to take me to the ER instead of home. She said I had to be seriously ill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tracy, I was very surprised when you said you didn't buy a single piece of fabric. And just for the record Bonnie, I did try to get her to start the other mystery, but she wouldn't budge!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the wonderful slideshow, Rosemary and Bonnie. What wonderful quilts are being made around the country!!! That red and white quilt made from various blocks took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Those are AMAZING!! Real eye candy, that's for sure. Lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW. What a GREAT show and tell. Job well done ladies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beatiful quilts! Looks like a wonderful retreat! I love Shipshiwana!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a treat! Thanks, rosemary and Bonnie, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)