>>>>

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Some Scenes of The Past!

Yesterday we had some time to jaunt around and look at local life here near Chambersburg, PA!

Though we had fought rain and wind and fog and general cloudy-greyness all day, the sun was threatening to peek out and give us a bit of respite in the afternoon, perfect for a little driving tour and some photo opportunities.

Knowing my love of history, Tonya had planned to take me to some local places she thought that I would enjoy, and enjoy I did!

This historic round barn is on the way to Gettysburg…..AWESOME!  There are very few round barns left in this country – the story goes that a cat can not catch a mouse in a round barn, as there are no corners to corner the mouse!

There is a farmers market in this barn, but of course we were too early for the season.

You can click HERE to read more about the barn.

PA_April2013 392

Thaddeus Stevens Blacksmith Shop  1830!

PA_April2013 387

Caledonia Furnace, 1837!

PA_April2013 388

we walked through the park and enjoyed this waterfall:

PA_April2013 390

Beautiful!

I’d write more, but I’m setting this ahead, and I need to leave in 10 minutes for my lecture! ACCKKK!!!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I would love to visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:31 PM EDT

    I love the way u show all the local scenery...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our town has a round barn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katney, where do you live? I would love to see one.

      Delete
  4. Sweet that you have found another waterfall. I love being able to see on the scenery that you provide us. We can't be there, so you bring it to us. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to add that to my list when I visit my sister in Gettysburg, it looks beautiful. I've been in a round barn that had several floors, the live stock were on the second floor and all of there waste fell through to the first floor and was carted away for fertilizer......those Shakers were so smart!

    Happy Sewing and Happy Spring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Chambersburg is about an hour east of me.... definitely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been to the round barn at Chambersburg. Did you feed the goats. My husband and I go to Gettysburg for a week every October. We camp and then travel around. We visit the battlefield, the antiques in Emmitsburg and there is a quilt shop I go to in Littlestown. So much history at every turn. I know you will have a wonderful time. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch! I haven't had time to read your posts lately & wouldn't
    you know it, you're in my neighborhood! The Round Barn is about
    2 miles from my house. I work in Gettysburg, would have been happy
    to give you a tour or direct you to a great guide.

    Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)