>>>>

Friday, April 05, 2013

Home and Sewing!

There were a ton of things I could have done when I arrived home this afternoon – but it can wait until tomorrow!  I had two things on my mind:

1. Giving this girl lots of tummy tickles!

2. Drawing our winner of the Quiltmaker Magazine May/June issue!

Our winner is DEBBIE!  She writes:

I am currently helping my oldest granddaughter work on her first quilt. 

She is doing everything by herself with me watching and giving encouragement and advice from nearby. 

She picked out the most gorgeous color combination of limey greens, teal/aqua blues and chocolatey browns! I intend to definitely use all her scraps in my next project!

Debbie, get back to me with your snail mail address and I’ll get this right out to you!

I had a bit of time this evening and found myself working on the last 3 blocks for the Sister’s Choice center -

And I got them all done!

YAY!

sisterschoice1 041

Pardon the thready floor – I’m not vacuuming until I get this top together ---I’ve spent time rearranging blocks….and I took a picture to study it a bit further to see if there is anything else I need to move around.

I do use the design wall we put in, but it’s through the door, way outside of this room, and I can’t back up enough from it to get real perspective because the stairs are in the way ---so for some things, I’m a design floor girl….call it Quilter’s Yoga!

Yep..I’m going to move some of those yellows around a bit more before I start sewing things together.

AND ---I’m planning on Quilt-Cam at 2pm Eastern tomorrow (Saturday)  Who’s going to come play?

I’ll be busy getting these blocks together and can use some company!

20 comments:

  1. Love this quilt and I totally relate to design floor. That is what I use too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way is this sister choice blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you demonstrate "webbing the top" for us? I get so confused and always twist and turn and juxtapose everything around! Thanks in advance, Bonnie. And, BTW, I LOVE all of your posts...keep 'em coming (to your heart's desire!!)... :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassie, I had a hard time figuring out the how-to's of Bonnie's webbing blocks but I just kept watching her over and over and over until it finally clicked. Last week I was finally able to sit down and slowly and carefully web my first block, then 2nd and 3rd. Yay for me! Find one of her recent archived ones where she's doing these Sister's Choice blocks and watch few times and see if it clicks for you!

      Delete
    2. Cassie, I had a hard time figuring out the how-to's of Bonnie's webbing blocks but I just kept watching her over and over and over until it finally clicked. Last week I was finally able to sit down and slowly and carefully web my first block, then 2nd and 3rd. Yay for me! Find one of her recent archived ones where she's doing these Sister's Choice blocks and watch few times and see if it clicks for you!

      Delete
  4. I recognize that paw of Sadie's saying, "Again, Mom. Again!!" Our Charlie speaks the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pinks and pops of yellow. Very different feeling from the original.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Darlene, these are sister choice blocks. This is one of the pattern found on Bonnie's block under the Free Patterns tab. It is http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/sisters-choice.html

    I just wondering if Bonnie is going sash this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll 'see' you tomorrow afternoon, I need to work on my Scrappy Mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will tune in when ever you are on. Have fun while you can at home. I had to go looking at Old stuff in the Antique malls again today, just for fun. Found a couple hand quilted quilts that I took pictures of. It is more fun to catch and release for me. Even saw a Toy machine in the cardboard case. I think of you whenever I go looking. Pay no attention to the naysayers on FB telling you not to post so much. At least it isn't obscene or political, I love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blocks Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your posts make my day. I think of you when I sew late at night. I will have to watch you later. 2 is 11 in Portland. I will be at a quilt show at that time. Working on my chunky churndash later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man oh man...I want some of your energy! I would be totally stuffed if I had just done a few days like that! Gorgeous work you do...wish I lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know how glad you are to get home. I used to travel for my job. At least you get to eat your meals with quilters instead of alone! See you in the morning on quiltcam!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome home!! I know your girls were happy to see you. My boy greet me every day when I come home. Unconditional love they have.

    Doing the happy dance for your top finish. Can't wait to sew a long during quilt cam...
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear you are home and Sadie is getting some lovin , I think you need to write a blog on energy sharing tips., whew your amazing! Hoping to catch you for quilt cam unless the sun happens to shine here in Norwich , then I will be out planting some peas and spinach, maybe that will boost my zippy levels! Have a beautiful day Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome home! There is nothing better than settling back into your own house after a trip. Pretty colors in this version of Sister's Choice. I like the brightness the yellow gives to your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope it will work out for me to watch QuiltCam this afternoon! I'm looking forward to it. Sadie is SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear, Sir

    I think finding a name for your child is easier than finding a name for your blog on quiltville.blogspot.com.It is a acceptable website for us.This site help us many way.So,I like this site. I tell you, times have changed.As,I want to share Welcome to Rugstar.com.au, Australia's favorite online rug buying groceries in Australia: we get direct deals from the producer to you! We sell an implausible range of Australian favorite floor rugs, carpet rug, by way of shopping on-line you'll keep on shaggy, modern, wool, traditional and lots of different rug designs.

    Thank you very much for your write Article.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)