>>>>

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Adventures of Sadie & Mr Fix-It!

What is that phrase?

“Necessity is the mother of invention…”

Yes, that’s the one!

Necessity proved itself when, after viewing the LAST recorded session of Quilt-Cam, it was decided that having a laptop with a camera BEHIND the machine proved to be quite a shaky experience for those who were watching.

The machine vibrated the table, which vibrated the laptop, which vibrated the external camera balanced precariously on top of the laptop screen ----

I’ve had a a while to think about what would be best to do…..and today, the thought came.

A CORNER SHELF!!

A piece of sanded ply wood big enough to do the job was found in The Hubster’s workshop, and we were off and running to Lowes to find shelf brackets.

Of course, Sadie Jane had to come too.  She LOVES car rides!  This is how we found her when we got back to the car….sitting in the sunshine, just looking out the window.  When we drive, she rides on the floor.

home 054
The man.  Intrigued with bolts and wood screws.

home 058-001

Measure, Measure, install brackets and measure again!

home 059

Corner shelf in place.  Room for more STUFF!
AWESOME!

See you tonight at 9pm Eastern for Quilt-Cam!

20 comments:

  1. So Cool!! I love having a resident Mr. Fix-it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bonnie, you are always thinking of us out here in cyber land! See you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Storm is coming through here so I may not get to watch. I am sorry to say I think it is headed your way... If only my lap top was a treadle powered thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to have a handy hubster? Have one of my own and I love it. I didn't think it was that shaky but what ever works.Looking forward to quilt cam tonight. See you then.

    Kim in Central Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have a Mr. Fix-it! You are so lucky to have your very own. Am looking forward to Quilt-Cam tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won't get to watch in real time but will check in the archives later when I have time to sew. And yes, a shelf for mre stuff is great!,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect! I thought I'd let you know that I had plywood shelves put in an old cabinet and I took some brass thumb tacks and some eyelet ribbon and hung it on the front of the shelf to make it look less "plywood-y". :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent. Room for more stuff TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good... and lots of space for 'stuff'

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always have a bit of a giggle when you mention Lowes for hardware. Our Lowes in Australia is a chain of low-budget menswear stores and they always run particularly aggravating TV ad campaigns. You are lucky to have a resident Mr Fix-it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. he installs shelves AND has great legs! Way to go Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:42 PM EDT

    Won't get to watch tonight, storming here in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your man is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. AH.. puppy finally gets to go with you! suitcase sitting isn't even involved! my kitty used to get in the suitcases wanting to go too. sigh......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Momma always said find a Handy man and man handy! Love the creativity of the handy man!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That Sadie is just the sweetest thing. The way you describe her personality reminds me a lot of sweet old girl we had for years and years.

    Sadie, I wish I could give those ears a good scratch for you - they sure look soft!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your sweet Sadie, she reminds me of our friend's dog, Sundance who was just the sweetest puppy on the planet and is so missed. Does Mr. Fixit make house calls?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like it will do the job. Yay, Dave!!! Now all you have to do is resist the urge to pile other stuff on the shelf and crowd the camera out.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)