>>>>

Friday, April 12, 2013

Jared, Oh Jared!

This is the kind of scenery I’ve been driving past since I arrived in Pennsylvania last Sunday.  Rolling hills, towering silos, happy cows loving how grass has gone green in the fields due to the spring rain.  I LOVE this scenery!

There are other things I love about traveling – and discovering things that I have never seen before, experienced before, or even…..eaten before!

Who knew that Lebanon, PA is famous for BOLOGNA??  The folks in Lebanon are so enamoured with bologna, that they hold an annual Bologna Fest!

I wasn’t going to let the chance to see what the fuss was about pass me by….and we stopped off at a little market on my way out of town so that I could try some myself….YUMMY!

PA_April2013 288

How do describe this? It reminds me of smoked salami, only better ----SO SO SO good!  How come I’d never heard of this before….I was wondering why when I posted that I was in Lebanon, PA on the Quiltville Friends facebook page that I was in Lebanon……someone’s reply was BOLOGNA!!!  Now I know!  ((PS – the price sticker shows I bought 1/4 lb…half of which I ate, and the other half is in my hotel fridge waiting for another snack!))

PA_April2013 277

One Happy Quilter!

The pattern for Jared Takes A Wife can be found HERE. And there are many other free patterns found in the free patterns tab at the top of the blog!

Everyone did such a great job…..as always, if you can’t view the slide show for any reason, click the photo below to be taken to the photo album itself.

Jared Takes A Wife, Lebanon, PA 2013
And here’s our slide show:
Today I am hanging with the Cambersburg Quilters of Chambersburg, PA ---We will be Strip Twisting the day away!

21 comments:

  1. When we lived in Erie, PA, my favorite things were the Italian delis! I've never found anything else close to it. My husband grew up eating a bologna spread made with ring bologna, but you can't find it in TX. Yes, this Texan married a yankee! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like danish spejepolse I grew up with

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grew up in Bucks County, PA surrounding by those rolling hills and farms!! I LOVE Lebanon bologna- ahhh the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like...well Summer Sausage! Which in Chicago area is what they call Thuringer. Who knew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amish style bologna is amazing. Any time we are near large Amish communities we buy some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lebanon bologna? yep, been to the factory and the pretzel factory too....fun tours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grew up in Philadelphia, Lebanon bologna was a staple at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVED making JTW w you. Finished i in secret w a deversion quilt (of yours also) so that my DD3 would not find out about it. Gave it to her on Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grew up in Oregon. Don't know if it was Lebanon or not, but I grew up on Bologna sandwiches. Also, I noticed the other night a movie called Lebanon, PA! (Can't remember whether I noticed it on Netflix or Amazon.) Happy and safe journeys to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I grew up in Oregon. Don't know if it was Lebanon or not, but I grew up on Bologna sandwiches. Also, I noticed the other night a movie called Lebanon, PA! (Can't remember whether I noticed it on Netflix or Amazon.) Happy and safe journeys to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always so inspiring to see all the different color combinations that people have chosen - Christmas colors, batiks, homespun, happy scrappy barely controlled chaos - I'm going to have to live to be 150 years old to try all the patterns and all the variations on Bonnie's website!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:35 AM EDT

    Home made buscuits, fried bologna and lots of mayo from TENNESSEE ... Good eating that is terrible for your health lolol.

    East PA has. The world,s best foods, you just eat your way through there, turn around and eat your way back. YUMMMMMMY

    Have a grand old time, and stop in N tercource PA at that winderful Country Quilt shop wit the muesem.

    HUGS
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:36 AM EDT

      I detest this silly IPAD THING , grrrrr... Yes I do know how to spell and type. AD thinks it is smarter than I am lol. Sorry for such messy posts... JulieinTN

      Delete
  13. Try frying the Lebanon bologna slices. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  14. For a real treat, spread that Lebanon bologna with some softened cream cheese and roll it up. Yum!! I live in Allentown, PA, so can get this stuff any time I want at the Allentown Farmer's Market.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, that purple, gold and green just called out my name...really loud. Going to have to look further at that. Yay for the inspiration of other quilters! Lane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some beautiful blocks in the slide show, the bologna looks good.
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh Sweet Lebanon Bologna!!! Yummiest thing ever! We always buy a bunch to bring back with us to NC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont even try the stuff they sell here in the NC grocery stores. It is NOT the same.

      Delete
  18. Loved class with you yesterday Bonnie. I finished the binding on Easy Street today. Took it to my niece's Honors Convocation today to keep stitching. Tomorrow is the label, then on to my sister on Sunday for a belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)