>>>>

Thursday, April 04, 2013

Jared Takes A Wife Day!

25 ladies full of high energy and ready to sew!

Quilters really do know how to have a good time down in Music City, Nashville, Tennessee, USA!

Besides, what’s not to like about a quilt that uses stash, is made from simple units, yet gives dynamic star appeal that we all like so much?

It was Jared Takes A Wife Day in Nashville!

After the ladies hauled in all of their stuff – ((Yes, you know Quilters have more STUFF than any other breed I know!))  We got down to the nitty-gritty of the dreaded seam test.  You might think that the star points would be the hardest part of this pattern, but actually troubles compound if the 4 patches turn out smaller than the rectangles that frame them…..so the test is – find the seam allowance that gives you the right size of four patch, and from there we are smooth sailing!

09-Nashville_TN2013 254

Did you ever notice that chain piecing that falls to the floor will fall in a circle?  Clock wise or counter clock wise?  I think it depends on which way that first four patch lands, dictating how all of the others are going to fall after it!

36-Nashville_TN2013 282

Teresa decided to cut things down to half-size!  Isn’t this adorable?

It’s Teresa Sized! 

47-Nashville_TN2013 295

Just to prove it, we had to take our photo together! LOL!

This is why people always tell me “You look taller in person than you do on your blog!” :cD

Let's try another slide show!

NOTHING is going to work for everyone, and it was almost comical –ALMOST – I was getting emails yesterday to please “Put it back the way it was!  It worked better for me!”  Argh!!  We are going to stick with THIS for a while.

So here we go with another Picasa slide show which will not work for those of you with ipads or iphones so you can click the photo below to go to the photo album.

Jared Takes A Wife Nashville TN 2013

And for those with flash:





Today we are tackling Smith Mountain Morning HEAD ON!

It’s my last day in Nashville and we are going to fill it full of all kinds of Quilty Goodness, and topped off with Nashville BBQ tonight!

26 comments:

  1. Love the "Flash" player--those Jareds are terrific...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bonnie,
    The slide show works great! I'm using a Samsung tablet today, this is the best it's been so far! Kudos to you!
    Just wanted to say thanks, I for one, really appreciate your efforts and time you devote to all of us! You'll never hear me complain :-).
    Tisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some beautiful fabric combinations taking shape there.
    That Teresa is a sweetie--fun to see the tall and the short of it together. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like So much fun! and I love the "mini's" mini. so glad you're enjoying my adopted hometown. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why I've never done the Jared Takes a Wife block! It looks so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the black background on her mini-block. I'm real short in person too! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is unfair of people to dump on you when things don't work right. The last player did not work for me, but I didn't complain as I was happy with the blog posts and the pictures are just a wonderful bonus. This new player works for me and I love to peek at the pictures when I have time BUT it is still the post that I care the most about. I love to read about your day. My only google account is our blog so I'll leave my name here -- Deb H

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful blocks your students are making! I especially like the one with the black background. This pattern is being added to my to-do list.

    The slide shows is wonderful. I certainly appreciate all your hard work and think that you should use whatever program is easiest for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made Jared Takes a Wife a couple years ago and LOVED it! I think it was prob. the most fun quilt to make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the Jared Takes a Wife block. Very pretty. And everyone looks like they are really enjoying themselves. As an aside, I have to say that a year ago I went to a retreat that combined quilters and scrapbookers. And while we quilters have an impressive amount of "stuff", we had nothing on those scrapbookers! For something that at first glance would seem fairly compact and portable, those ladies had carloads! lol! Anyway, keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love doing 1/2 sized blocks. The smaller the block, the better, to me. I'm going to do the same with my Jared takes a Wife!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the mini block with the black background. It is so fun to see the same quilt in so many different colorways. Keep up the good work that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh goodness, Bonnie - thanks for all the inspiration, and thanks to the ladies, for all the eye candy as well. I've seen such lovely color combinations that I never would have dreamed of, yet were delicious! And thanks also for the past 30 minutes, oogling the slide show.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've enjoyed catching up on your blog today, I am WAYYYyy behind. Gosh, you have so much FUN!~ I am heading outside to plant my tomato plants (have to make a raised bed) and then I'm coming in to shower (I'm sure i'll be eaten by sand gnats by then) and SEWWwwwwwwww.
    Such lovely quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm enjoying the pictures both ways... slideshow & photo album! It looks like you've found the best of both worlds. Thanks for all the time you take to make these fun picture posts for us Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to see them using your Quit for their Design wall. Cute Blocks with some of the same elements of our Midnight Flight. Yes you do seem taller in person. I'm not tall.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the baby Jared's.......now to down size the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love all the different color combinations, really changes the over all look. i liked them all, guess i'll have to add this one to my (long to do) list thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bonnie, it all works for me - Google+, Flash, and Sky Drive.Thanks for all your efforts on our behalf!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not very computer smart so thankfully all 3 ways work for me!

    In regards to you and the photos I've been thinking of Rick Nelson's "Garden Party" chorus: "But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well. You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself." That's what you have to do with YOUR blog. I bet 99% of us love it and I'm sorry the other 1% make your life miserable. Seems to be that way in every group. Keep up the great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The "baby Jareds" are so cute - but I especially love the colors. Bright solids on black - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are beautiful blocks! And I do like this slide show! I love that you have them pin their finished blocks to your quilt - what a great idea! Okay - and this pattern is where? I'm sure a hundred people have already asked.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oooops - never mind - just saw you posted it! Will print it out. I'm a little slow sometimes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh they are all so beautiful. I am bowled over by the one with the rose in the center! It is so well thought out, and so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for taking time out of your very busy day to show us that great slideshow--looks like a fun class!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Google+ works fine for me. I was a little slow until I noticed the arrows on the top right. The pictures come up bigger than the slide show did, & I like that. I liked the mini block especially. It's so inspirational to see the work shops in progress. My I-pad is fine with the album.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)