>>>>

Sunday, October 28, 2012

On Hurricane Watch ----

For those asking ((Thank you so much for your concern!))  I am safe from the effects of Hurricane Sandy --- so far.  And it looks like I won’t get much more than rain and wind if anything.

From where I sit, the biggest fear is power outages.

We live in North Central North Carolina, about an hour’s drive south of the Virginia border.  It’s about a 5 hour drive for me to get to the coast, so we are quite a ways inland.

Still, my heart and prayers are with those all along the path of the storm ---be safe, stay warm and dry, and let’s hope this peters out and passes quickly!

I’m trying to keep myself from being glued to The Weather Channel, and have found a new series on Netflix I really like…GLUED is a good word…it’s called RINGER and stars Michelle Gellar.

ringer

I already KNOW that the show didn’t go past one season.  Why is it they axe the good ones?  At any rate, I’ll go as far as I can go with it because I’ve come this far and why not?

This little blurb from Wiki:

Bridget Kelly (Sarah Michelle Gellar) is a recovering drug addict and stripper in Wyoming. She is under the protection of FBI Agent Victor Machado (Nestor Carbonell), having agreed to testify against her employer, local crime boss Bodaway Macawi (Zahn McClarnon), who she witnessed committing murder. Fearing that Macawi, who has already murdered several witnesses linking him to previous crimes, will also kill her, Bridget flees to New York to meet her estranged twin sister Siobhan (also played by Gellar).
Soon after arriving in New York, Siobhan, who had kept her sister's existence secret from her family, appears to commit suicide by jumping into the ocean. Bridget then assumes Siobhan's identity and tries to fit in among Siobhan's wealthy social circle, including Siobhan's husband Andrew (Ioan Gruffudd), stepdaughter Juliet (Zoey Deutch), best friend Gemma (Tara Summers), and Gemma's husband Henry (Kristoffer Polaha) with whom Siobhan had been having an affair. The only one who knows that Bridget is passing as Siobhan is Bridget's Narcotics Anonymous sponsor Malcolm (Mike Colter). Bridget's life becomes more complicated as she discovers that her sister was hiding secrets of her own and that someone is trying to kill Siobhan as well.
I’m planning on putting feet up in a bit and start some binding stitching, but right now I’m piecing on another border out of the 2” box of squares that seems never to deplete itself ---
Life is good here in Quiltville, I hope you are having a good evening too!

14 comments:

  1. Good for you Bonnie! I live down on the lower edge of NC, an hour from Asheville .i doubt we'll have any problems either, except possibly power outage. I dread that because then I can't sew! Don't have treadle , until finding your blog wouldn't have even thought of it. I hope you will be done with basement soon, I hate that kind of upheaval . Enjoy your evening. Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie,
    Waiting for Sandy to arrive. I had readied several hand projects to do when the power went out, but this afternoon I was surprised by a friend who brought a 1939 Singer Hand Crank for me to use this week! For the first time I am not annoyed about the possibility of a multi day power outage. Love your posts and quilt cam. Hope you weather the storm without any (or too much) damage. Louise in RI

    ReplyDelete
  3. All clear here on the coast, waves were phenominal -I love watching Mother Nature! I hope it passes quickly to the north of us where it is certain to be much worse. Stay safe everyone!
    ...and Quilt Cam is more fun than a box of Tasty Kakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update Bonnie. Glad to know you are well. I am in Upstate NY and we are bracing to be hit Monday night... My prayers to all your Quiltville fans to stay safe and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Bonnie for the update! We are ready in upstate NY for the storm and we hope the power stays on. You provide so much inspiration to me and others - I really appreciate all you do in the quilting world! Thanks for thinking of us in the storm's path! bmoubray@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad life is good in Quiltville...like the song with a similar name "sewing away again in Quiltville...searching for my lost ripper of seams..." SMILE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when twins take the other's place.....that's just so crazy to me! And I love Ioan Gruffudd.....did you ever see the Horatio Hornblower series with him in it! He was awesome! I'm going to have to look for this show now. Thanks!

    You might just end up using your treadle for the next few days! lol I've already prepared more hand piecing....just in case! We aren't supposed to get anything more than wicked winds and power outages. Ok by me.....I'll be hand piecing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to look for Ringer myself, since I just love watching Sarah Michelle Gellar. Glad you are safe and prepared for the power outage. Stay safe and keep us update on how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad you are safe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What Ringer got the ax! Crap! I did watch and did not know it was not going to return. Thanks for that info! Oh and gllad to hear you are safe! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I watched the Ringer too and really loved and I was really mad when I heard it wasn't returning because so much was left up in the air
    glad you are feeling safe and hoping for not much more than a power outage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're safe. I've been traveling for the past two weeks and am catching up on the blog days I missed. I wish I was home to clean my drawers and closets along with you but am really glad for the 80+ degree weather I enjoyed instead. Now I'm back to freezing weather and I guess considering the conditions in NY & NJ I won't complain (too much). I liked the Ringer series. I wish the producers (or whoever makes these decisions) would of "wound the series down" and had an ending.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear you're safe as of this post and hope you continue to be safe.
    I may have to go find this series you're talking about. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)