>>>>

Monday, October 22, 2012

Knocking Off Two!

Two more areas in my house are DONE!

This is the time of year I start to think about those who don’t have winter coats/hats/gloves/scarves ---and it was time to hit the very small coat closet.

There were actually TWO coat closets in this hall way ((His & Hers?!)) but we thought we only needed one and so we turned the second one into a deep pantry since the hall is right off the kitchen, and the kitchen cupboards were just not great pantry space.

I have a large bag started for clothing to go to the goodwill donation center, and I’m sure those bags will fill as I migrate towards the other clothing closets and dresser drawers in the house.

Jeff told me that I was DONE pitching stuff for the week – our trash bin is FULL and they don’t pick up again until Friday – LOL!

I guess that means the next things I organize will be in the master bedroom because those items are most likely to be donated things, rather than thrown out things!  But after trash pick up on Friday – WATCH OUT!

house 017

Here is my cleaned out and slimmed down winter coat closet!  We don’t get bitter cold for long periods here in North Carolina, but we do get ice and snow and need coats, hats, gloves and scarves.

And while on a phone call with my friend Lori this morning…..I found myself staring at my Book Order Fulfillment Center ((AKA a corner of the sun room turned DH’s office ---))

house 015

Only slightly disorganized and messy ---and by the time we were done with our phone call it ended up looking like this:

house 016

One 10 minute phone call!

My favorite accessory for my phone is the ear buds with mic so I can work hands free and talk at the same time.  I’ve tried a Bluetooth ear piece, but I find I like both ear buds in my ears ---giving me stereo sound of the person talking,eliminating background noise around me, and I don’t have to worry about on/off buttons that I can’t see, trying to push them up by my ear.  I think I like things simple!

I love the hands free Bluetooth in my car, though!

Book orders are filled and ready to go!  Post office opens after being closed for lunch in about 5 minutes --- so that’s where I’m headed now, and then I’ll be back to sew a bit!

Hope your day is going well!

13 comments:

  1. Hi, Bonnie. It feels so good to clean and declutter! You're on a roll.
    Did your hubby bring home your new to you featherweight? Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are inspiring me...to stop quilting and to clean out (some)...yay and boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a battery-butt! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on a roll, girlfriend ... GOOD FOR YOU!! Heading off to the post office myself ... packages of returns to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to get yourself a really big mailbox, so then you can pay your postage online, and print the label, and put all the books in the mailbox and set up carrier pickup, so your carrier can pick them all up when they deliver your mail, that would save you all those trips to the post office. Just think how many more closets you could get cleaned out, or how many more blocks you can get sewn in the time it takes you to go to the post office. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What people don't understand is I *NEED* these errand runs to get me OUT of the house. I write off business miles, so that means miles to the post office, the bank, the office supply store -- those are all deductible, and while out I can stop at other things on my direct route as well, and those miles add up to A LOT over the period of a year.

      Delete
  6. You're like the energizer bunny, you go and go and go and go and go and go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Jeff's comment about the trash cans being full. I get the same thing from my hubby when I start cleaning. It keeps me motivated to fill up the cans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been cleaning and purging in my sewing studio. Have a stack of stuff to send a friend and a huge stack of stuff to give the local guild for donation quilts. My mantra is "if I don't use it, need it, love it, or want it, out it goes".

    Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have inspired me - cleaned out the "junk" drawer in my kitchen today and you're right - it feels great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:20 PM EDT

    You are one dedicated woman . Way to show it's possible ,one small job at a time . I have been feeling overwhelmed lately but your little posts of daily accomplishments has me jumping in with both feet :)
    Beth Macdonald

    ReplyDelete
  11. It just feels SO good to get things cleaned out and organized. Don't let hubby and the trash can "issue" slow you down. Just use large black plastic trash bags and keep on keepin' on. I have to clean when I am in the mood and on a roll. Just stack those bags up. Eventually they will get picked up by the trash guy and in the meantime, your house will be so darn stinkin' clean and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy your blog, Bonnie, football game last night (Da Bears!) so today I'm reading it in the morning. Why is it so interesting to me that you're cleaning closets? Is it because watching you do yours is so much easier than getting up and cleaning my own? Whatever the reason, I enjoy every word of your blog....it's on my 'to do' list every day. Thanks for the work you put into it, it's so entertaining and I've learned so much from you.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)