>>>>

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

The Road to Cottonwood!

In all my years of visiting family in Arizona ---My Grandparents were snow birds from Minnesota who began wintering in  Rio Verde in the late 1970s –I have NEVER ventured in this direction—and while one might conjure up the image of cactus forests as far as the eye can see while thinking of Arizona, once you reach a certain elevation – the cactus do not grow!

We drove out of the valley and toward Cornville where I am staying with Mary Lou in her adorable little guest house ---PARADISE! 

The terrain actually reminds me of several of the other “high desert” areas I’ve experenced in Eastern Idaho, parts of Wyoming and so forth.

When Dad and I arrived, Mary Lou was there to greet us swinging the drive way gate wide to let us in.

AZ_Jan2013 212

She ushered us through her beautiful home, out the back patio to help me get my multitudinous amounts of STUFF to her little guest house where I’m staying.  YES!  There are TREES here!  Of course, it is the depth of winter, so nothing is green- but my mind is running through what this will look like come spring.  Such a difference than the arid desert valley where Phoenix lies, about 100 miles away.

Follow the path—down past the shed to the guest house at the back.  All for me for the two nights I am here!

AZ_Jan2013 211

Sweet!!

AZ_Jan2013 206

Sitting area.  Perfect for some hexie-stitching!

AZ_Jan2013 204

Cute little dining nook --- and guess what is in that black box for my use??

AZ_Jan2013 205

Little kitchen stocked with snacks and goodies to spoil me rotten!

AZ_Jan2013 207

Oh, sweet dreams will be had here!

AZ_Jan2013 208

Adorable bath!

AZ_Jan2013 209

A little slice of Arizona Heaven!

Can I please stay for like ---a MONTH!?

AZ_Jan2013 218

And this is how I spent my evening—Bliss!

This morning we are off to Cottonwood for a Star Struck workshop with the Quail Country Quilters!

Rev up those machines ----let’s play!

33 comments:

  1. The guesthouse looks as though it's right out of Country Living magazine!
    And of course every gracious hostess should provide a Featherweight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the Cottonwood Area. I have camped at the Dead Horse Ranch. I recommend side trips to Toozigut (ruins) and Jerome if you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I want to LIVE there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It IS pretty in the Springtime! What a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a sweet little getaway space!!! So quaint and cheerful!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary Lou sure has you set up. Enjoy your stay. Montezuma's Well and Montezuma's Castle are not too far away. Worth a visit if you have time. The Well is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I could have waved to you as you passed the roadwork at the Prescott exit. We don't have the cute questhouse but we love it up here just the same, in Mayer, AZ!!!!! We used to live in Cave Creek before moving up here.

    Enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun little house to stay in!! It looks so comfy and inviting!! I would of course, be working on "Easy Street" if I were staying there, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a beautiful place to stay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a little bit of heaven on earth. I need a week in a place like that. It would even be ok if it was surrounded by snow drifts. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So perfect...what a wonderful retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful guest house, so beautiful!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, what a great place! Love how it's been decorated. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous guest house!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. With every photo I said "cute!" and my "cute" got drawn out longer and longer! Such a cute and absolutely adorable guest house! Thanks for sharing so many photos with us! Enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, that is just LOVELY. SO much better than some old hotel! HA Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous4:17 PM EST

    Cottonwood and the surrounding area is just gorgeous. If you get a chance drive up to Sedona. You won't regret it. My husband and I stumbled on that area on our first trip to Arizona and stay in Cottonwood everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is "The Road to Cottonwood" going to be the name of a quilt? This inquiring mind wants to know.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you may not want to go home! LOL Such a cute cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You got us all hooked on the featherweights now you can come to any our houses and sew on ours...Great idea. I Live 4 hours or so from Portland though and bit of a trip, we'll just have to stay in the hotel, I guess. Looking so forward to being there!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do you think you have died and gone to heaven. What a loevely place to stay?

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is adorable!! I want one - the cottage. Enjoy your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Country Living magazine is right! What a cute little place. Hope you enjoy your stay and get to visit some of the things around there.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a sweet little guest house. You are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a treat the guest house was! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. How very cute and nice.
    Do they let Montana strangers visit?
    Have a GRAND time!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow i loved the quilts yhey know who is coming

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow i loved the quilts yhey know who is coming

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, that's way nicer than some of the condos I've stayed at...and bigger too! I'd stay for a month :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW! I want a guest house like that for me! ;) So cute and beautiful and the surroundings looks very nice too. I'm sure you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)