>>>>

Monday, January 14, 2013

A Blind Date for Dinner!

----

I posted onto the Quiltville Friends page on facebook last evening :

 “With no car or other transportation I am debating whether it is worth the cold walk across the street to Panda Express. Wish there was someone to join me!” 

With no thought that someone who was actually in the vicinity would actually be online at the same time I was and make me an offer I couldn’t refuse!

Lynn was only a couple miles away – and met me at the front door of the hotel in 10 minutes flat – and we were off!

Turns out that Lynn was also a former student, taking my classes when I taught at Road to California a couple years ago, and it was fun to reconnect!  She didn’t live here at the time ---she is a recent transplant to Prescott, so that was another kind of Kismet.

Upon her suggestion we ended up at the Prescott Brewing company, prefering something LOCAL over something chain-store that I could get anywhere ---and I got a glimpse of the beautiful Christmas lights that are still on all around the courthouse square:

002

All lit up!

We were seated near the window ---and there was something about the backwards brewery sign and the reflection of the court house square lights display outside that made me just HAVE to take this wonky shot:

003

Thanks, Lynn for being so willing to be my “Drive By Dinner Date” for the evening!

It’s nice to have friends just about EVERYWHERE!

20 comments:

  1. that is really nice to know so many people!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Lynn was there to help keep you safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very neat thing that was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes thank you Lynn for taking care of Bonnie and letting US see those lights. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is a small world but our quilting world is HUGE! We are so lucky to be a part of this family of friends and partners in crime - lol.

    So glad that Lynn saw your post and was able to snag you for dinner - you are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU make that happen with your positive Karma Bonnie! I hope that everywhere you go, people will want to be with and help you when they can! Sure do iss Quiltcam with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome for both you and Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome but I bet your odds are pretty good no matter where you go! This has gotten to be a pretty big "family"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. bonnie,you just make my day. I luv your blog and your quilting. just the pickup I need daily. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty soon you will have friends in every town and city. :) And that is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's just wonderful! Glad you enjoyed yourself and thankful to Lynn for making it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love that! Its a fun surprise, aye?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear that you found someone nearby to go out with, always more fun than spending the evening by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How wonderful was that. Love it when it works out like that. Glad you two had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It really is a small world. I am a California girl who almost relocated to Prescott some time back, but stayed put because of the kids and grandkids. Your pictures of the area - Jerome, the town center, and the "brewing" company brought back a whole lot of memories. If my memories are further correct, there was one quilt store in town, but felt I had enough of a stash to last a life time. Glad you connected with a Calif gal for dinner.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's magic! I love when things like that happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun! You are a great example of extending yourself and being delightfully surprised by Kismet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My folks used to live in Prescott..such a fabulous town with alot of character. So glad the gals there showed you a good time!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)