>>>>

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bound for Home!

Did you notice the new header??  It was designed by Emily Depre, the talented daughter of Mickey Depre ---she did an awesome job, was great fun to work with!  If you are looking for a new banner for your blog, she can help you with your graphic design needs!  Contact Emily HERE.

It’s been a lovely trip---VERY LONG!  But every day has been spent with either Texas family, or AZ family or wonderful ladies who I’ve formed friendships with over this wonderful thing called the internet ---all because of “That Thing We Do” ----QUILTING!

Three sweet gals trusted me enough to  loan me their precious featherweights while on my journey ---what a gift!  Talk about hospitality!

I’ve connected with people I’ve only known via email --- and now I am familiar with their faces, their voices, and their laughter.

I’ve spent a good amount of time with my Brother and his family ---seeing two of my married nieces, meeting one husband I hadn’t met before.  OH yes, she made a good choice!  How could she not? His first name is HUNTER!

I met my great niece ---the first one I have on the Wilkinson side ---such a cutie with duck down blonde hair and bright blue eyes.  ((She loves corn dogs, but only if you take the breading part off first!))

AZ_Jan2013 498

I finally got to see Les Miserables ---and I’m so glad that I got to see it on a Daddy/Daughter date with my dad.  Special memories for sure.

I hope to be back next year.  It’s my goal to see far-away family at least once a year.  It’s not always easy to fit it into such a crazy travel schedule, but it’s important to me.

Right now I’m looking forward to my own bed ---and almost 2 weeks home to catch up again and get back to normal before heading out on the road again.

My studio is waiting!

My hot tub is waiting! ((Oh, hot tub, my weary bones have missed you every evening!))

My family at home is waiting ----

24 comments:

  1. You sure have packed a lot of activities into this trip! It looks like you had a great time. My maiden name is Hunter, so I am rather partial to it too :) My sister name is Bonnie Hunter (she lives in Oregon). How funny is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will be glad to be home. I am sure your fur babies will be glad to see you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to join you threw the internet on your adventures!
    Loved all those great blocks you and your students showed us!! And loved to read about your family!
    Have a save trip home and enjoy your own home, studio AND hot tub..... :)
    Love from the Netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed - and loved - the new header right away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new header. I noticed it first thing this morning. I'm glad you had a great trip to Arizona. I only wish the weather could have been warmer for you. This "bitter" cold is very unusual -- the 1st time in over 30 years that we have had such cold temps for so long. I wish I could have met you, but I'm hoping I can do so on your next trip here. Safe travels and I'll see you on QuiltCam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new header is very nice! It was great traveling with you Bonnie, as always. You did so much, and I'm sure enjoyed your time with family and friends. Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are blessed to have created such wonderful memories with your Dad! Again, thank you for sharing your travel adventures with us. I was reading this entry and remembered, (I not the sharpest needle in the pack), my Mum's middle name is Hunter. Too funny. Enjoy being home again & continued safe travels. Love the new header!
    (Carol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you safe travels! Glad that you got to have some quality Family time. Love the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely header. Very nice. The family resemblance is certainly very apparent in the photo of you and your Dad. My Dad died three years ago at age 93. I hope you get to have yours around just as long or longer. Seems we were both very lucky to have such great fathers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're new header is wonderful! Emily did a great job. I love how the thread forms the blog title. You and your dad have the same smile! What a treat to spend time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job Emily. So glad you are studying at UCA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The new header is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "My family at home is waiting ----"...priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blogger header is great, but now all your buttons down the sides of your blog are gone. ALL of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ok..........now that the comment posted and the page reloaded, all the buttons are back.........haven't a clue!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the new header! The colors are great!

    So glad you had so much time with family. Such precious memories you created.

    Hope you had a safe trip and just enjoy your own bed!

    Ann Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the new header!! Les Miserables is awesome. How wonderful to go with your Dad.
    Beth in MN

    ReplyDelete
  18. The new header is cute..cute and very you! It beats the one with the cottages and snow (you told me that story...) I love a good graphic artist!

    ReplyDelete
  19. safe travels back to NC, we're expecting snow in Raleigh Thursday night.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bonnie, love the new header ( graphics) are great. It has been so fun following you in your travels and seeing all the great quilts Inspired by you. I know you are glad to be home. After all there is no place like home! I do hope at some point after you get settled in at home and adjust to the time change you entertain the idea of another few Quiltcams sewing time . I have been missing those . Now go sit in the hot tub girl you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Safe travels. Thanks for sharing all these delights with me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Safe travels home. Sounds like you packed a lot into this trip. My Dad and I also went to Les Mis. I really enjoy doing things with him, these times will be our memories down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't know how you do what you do ... I like being home too much to travel all the time. But I learned so much from you in mckinney, and picked up your "quilting vibe", so thank you for taking your show on the road and sharing your wonderfulness with all of us!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)