>>>>

Monday, May 07, 2012

Focus On The Center ---- THE WINNERS!

After our workshop today, 7 of us took off for the biggest burgers I’ve ever seen at a near by pub ----The Blazer Pub in Purdys, NY.

I’m so full I don’t think I’ll eat for a WEEK at least!

I just love being able to experience local haunts that are such a far throw from the usual “chain franchise” places ----and I can honestly say that this place is UNIQUE! The conversation and company made it so worthwhile….but suffice it to say that we were all moaning and groaning and wishing we had worn our elastic waisted pants as we attempted to roll on out of there!

It’s my LAST evening here on the NY/CT border.

I’m starting to pack my suitcases back up, getting ready to haul it all to the car in the morning. I’ll be off to New Paltz to see the historic Huguenot Street in the morning, and then I’m bee-lining home from there. It’s going to be a long drive, and I hope to go as far as I can tomorrow, if not all the way. We will see how I feel.

SO…I’m drawing WINNERS for Pat Sloan’s book this evening! Are you ready?

I was tickled with the participation, and I know you will like this book --- it has such great possibilities that can be used to enhance ANY quilt --- and those are the kinds of books I like the best – the ones that present “jumping off” kinds of ideas and let your imagination run wild with options!

477 of you left comments. Two of you are lucky winners!

Our first winner is SUE W!

She writes;

Bonnie,

From the quilts you showed from Pat's new book, I'd pick "Lucky Charms" to do. I love medallion type quilts.

I also like the one you picked especially when you said the carpenter star center was done without those pesky "y" seams. This is a book being added to my wish list.

SueW
Upstate NY

Our second winner is Pat T!

She writes:

Hi, Bonnie!

Good morning! Wonderful post!!... Great question, about teen jobs!... (LOL about the motor pool job and phone tactics!!)... I'm going to hurry over to Pat's place, to see what she reveals about you!! :-D

Oh, Bonnie!... Your choice of pattern and fabrics (cheddar and shirtings!!!) are SO EXACTLY what I see you working on!!! That pattern seems to have been designed just for you!!

As for me, I can see four of those patterns in my near future! I think the Antique Mist is first, with some fabrics that have been "ripening" in my stash for just about long enough! (no fabric used before its time???! LOL!)
Thank you, for the opportunity to get this great book, Bonnie!
Have a great trip!

Pat T. in Michigan

Dear Ladies! I am so excited for you! Please send me your snail mail addresses so I can get them on to the publisher so they can get your books out to you.

And thank you everyone for playing along in this great give-away----

And now --- I’m off to sew that VERY LAST NEARLY INSANE block! I’m sure I’ll be doing the iphone-o-gram-of-joy before this evening is over!

8 comments:

  1. If you get a hankering to stop on the way to North Carolina, think about the VA Quilt Museum in Harrisonburg if you haven't been there for a while, or if you just need a place to hang your hat, we're right off I-81 in Shenandoah County. Send me an email and I'll give you our phone number.....quite serious....you don't always have to stay in motels on the road. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the winners! This is a great book,I have it and am working on my 1st medallion quilt right now.The instructions are clear and there is plenty of inspiration.(and for people like me who liked to put their own ideas to work there are a nice variety of ideas to combine and put your own spin on your quilt-yes that was an unsolicited review! ) I am having fun and learning with this process

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:21 PM EDT

    Congrats to the lucky winners, enjoy your new book. We expect to see photos of new quilts in the near future!!
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so jealous--you got to go have a Blazer burger!! That used to be one of my favorite places to go for a Sunday afternoon! It's been 23 years since I've been there but my mouth is watering just thinking of their burgers!b

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill went to the Blazer for lunch Saturday while he passed time until he picked me up. He had chicken fingers that were really tenderloins -- 4 very large ones for lunch. I didn't have to make him dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the winners!
    Bonnie,thank you for the great class today....and yes I am also still full from that dinner!
    Enjoy your time in New Paltz and have a safe journey home!
    Kathy N

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, on your travels home, don't forget we would love to have you at our B&B...just let us know and we'll get your room ready.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)