>>>>

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Knitnoid’s Ocean Waves!

It’s funny how we get to know people through blogging and via email. Some people will introduce themselves to me by name and state when we meet as in “Suzie from Poughkeepsie” But often times, if we have corresponded, or they have commented frequently, I’ll recognize them much easier by the first part of their email address!

Such is the case with the quilter who’s login on Blogger is simply “Knitnoid” ---there was no first name/last name attached to her email, but that’s okay – I’d recognize her better as simply “Knitnoid” anyhow!

She sent along some beautiful photos of an Ocean Waves quilt she just finished, and I wanted to share it along with you:

Bonnie,

Last weekend I gave my niece her high school graduation present -- this Ocean Waves quilt I made using your instructions and of course bonus HSTs!

My niece told me her favorite color was "turquoise". My pictures don't show the fabric in true colors. I used a "hot pink" backing and rented time on a long arm to quilt it -- flowers all over the place, although the pictures don't show it too well.

I love the fact that it has scraps of fabric of all sorts of things in it. It was definitely a trip down memory lane. I started it last October and finished it a month before graduation -- a first for me to have a quilt finished BEFORE the gift giving occasion.

Thanks for all that you do for quilters world wide. I'm looking forward to your next book.

knitnoid1

Full quilt! Love that turquoise!

knitnoid3

Close up of quilt detail! Just beautiful!

knitnoid2

Image of the backing fabric…love the hot pink..and I can see the camera shadow! LOL! We do what we have to do to get the job done, right?

knitnoid4

Here’s the matching pillow case – what a great graduation gift for a special neice!

Thanks for sharing the quilt with me Knitnoid, now if I only knew your REAL name!

**Addition** Knitnoid has emailed me back, and I know know she is Pam A in KC, MO! She blogs HERE!


20 comments:

  1. Wow--I can't imagine doing that much for a niece's graduation! I have two niece's who graduate this week and I have 11 nieces and 10 nephews altogether and they all grew up nearby. I can't begin to start traditions like that. It is a lovely quilt in great "teenager" colors. Wish I had an aunt who made one for me when I graduated. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL quilt ... love the colors and Ocean Waves has always had a place on my "bucket list" ... maybe time to move it from that list to my "Done That List".......

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun quilt! Way to go Knitnoid! Your niece will treasure it, I'm sure! I have made grad quilts for the last 2 years for 2 nieces. Next year, a nephew! It's fun to share what we love to do, isn't it? Your Ocean Waves quilt pattern has a lot of motion. I may have to try this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really awesome. The pillowcase is too cute. Good job Knitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:44 PM EDT

    Gorgeous quilt, Knitnoid. And thank you Bonnie, for sharing it with us.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just incredible. Love the turquoise also. And I love that you made the pillowcases to go with it. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's GORgeous!!!! My niece would LOVE these colors...maybe when she gets her own place. Isn't it nice to see what you've inspired, Bonnie?? I'll have to send you some pics, but right now I'm off to hunt down some shirts from my local thrift shop....you've created a monster!! lol

    Lori in VA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky, lucky niece. Ocean Waves is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt Knitnoid! I'm sure your niece will treasure it always. I love, love, love the colors you did and the cute pillowcase you made to go with it.

    Cute post Bonnie!

    SewCalGal (LOL! ....Darlene)
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! What a lucky niece you have :-) The pillowcase is cute, too. I love that you even pieced some on it. The turquoise fabric is just gorgeous, I love the waves of color in the fabric. Another "must-do" Bonnie quilt is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done, and the colors are awesome! Thanks to knitnoid for sharing and I second her sentiments, thank you Bonnie, and I too look forward to your next book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I knew who knitnoid was...at least I knew her blog! Love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:34 PM EDT

    I've met Knitnoid at quilt retreats, she made some FANTASTIC quilts
    She designs all the mystery quilts we've done and often hosts swaps on an email list.
    All around great Gal!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooh the ocean waves is fabulous! Maybe I'll get mine done when we are together in July! One can hope!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am happy to say I met Pam A in Kansas City a couple years ago. She and I shop Hopped and saw the EXPO there when I visited my Army Son. I even got to test two of her Recent Mysteries for her Retreats she attends each Spring. I Love meeting my Blogging Buddies! Maybe, if I'm lucky- Bonnie will be my Next one to Meet in July!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with Janet O- I love the idea of making a graduating quilt, but I'm sltill trying to do so many other 'projects' that Id rather do little presents at the moments and share a bit of love around like that. Big projects may have to wait a little while ...after grandchildren, home, table runners toys etc etc ..Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous10:01 PM EDT

    I remember meeting Pam in Lawrence, Kansas several years ago when Bonnie was there for a trunk show/lecture and Blue Ridge Beauty workshop. She had some awesome quilts to show there as well. She is one busy and talented lady!!

    Gina in Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! An Ocean Waves is on my bucket list... as in empty that bucket of scraps!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)