>>>>

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Beta Testing Midnight Flight!

I must be the luckiest quilting instructor ever -

Immediately upon the release of Midnight Flight in 100 blocks by 100 designers, vol 4 by Quiltmaker Magazine, I was contacted by the gals in the Pride of the Prairie guild to see if we could do THAT block as a class.

I was very excited that they liked my block so much – and it actually worked out very well as I had just agreed to teach this as a full quilt in Williamsburg VA this coming August.

It just meant getting the quilt completed and the instructions written up just a couple months earlier than I thought ---but in the long run, it worked out well!

I told them it would be a brand new untested class ---and they were willing and raring to go with it!

I never know how much anyone will be able to get done in a 6 hour class, so this was confirmation to me that we broke the units down just right ---everyone pretty much got at least one block done ---and had several more under way with the units we had worked on ----everyone has all the info they need to keep working on this!

I am giving them four years to get it done – I’ll be back in May of 2016!

I don’t have a lot of time for commentary this morning – we are leaving at 7:30am to head to the airport. The NATO conference is in full swing, security in and around Chicago, both on the ground and in the sky is VERY TIGHT and we were told to expect delays and be prepared for them, so getting me to the airport and through security with plenty of time to spare is our main goal --- so let me just send you straight to the slide show:

My thanks to both Illinois guilds that I have spent time with this week --- It’s been an awesome trip, and I owe it all to the Villiage Quilters and the Pride of the Prairie Quilters for making my trip so perfectly wonderful!

I’m on my way to Columbus, OH----where more fun and adventure awaits!

18 comments:

  1. Bonnie this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I am sold on this pattern. Why does this always happen to me when I see your quilts and patterns?? ;)

    I'm off now. Need to sew ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added you to my google calendar. Now to finish cleaning the house so that I can work on my quilts from class (I'm making more than one of the Patches and Pinwheels in Christmas colors for my boys). It's going to be my leaders and enders project for a while. Have a safe travel day. Marilyn, from class, will also be headed for O'Hare today. Thanks for coming. It was fun. I needed that break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a gorgeous block and quilt. I can see why they are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good grief--now I need to hunt down my magazine--I am re-organizing (again)--hubby promised shelving to I can have more room! I gotta make this block for sure and I need to sew today :-) thanks for the head's up! *~*CAROLE*~* (ps -almost done Orca Bay binding :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this block! Hope to make a quilt with them one day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like so much fun!! Wish I could attend one of your classes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love it! I'm getting this magazine now for sure! You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Must find the magazine and make this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:06 PM EDT

    Midnight Flight is an awesome pattern and the Pride of the Prairie Quilters have made amazing quilts with your pattern! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow your quilt is incredible as always, and the blocks the quilt guild are making are going to make some beautiful quilts also!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I meant to also say I love your block!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic color combos the ladies all put together--I especially like the cheddar, red and green with brown one...but the batiks are awfully yummy too! Great block and love the curves that show up in the finished quilt. Congrats on another success!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that block is great!!!!! i must get a copy of that magazine before they are gone!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great blocks, ladies! There seems to be a lot of cheddar going on here. I have to get me some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So so so so jealous! lucky ladies. i hope to make one of these someday after i finish up a few others! maybe a leader and ender project...just to remember what is coming up!!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your slideshows are always such fun to view. I fall in love with all the combinations of colors and fabrics and I always squeal with delight if I see a fabric that I already own! Midnight Flight is a complex but doable block and I'm inspired when it is done with those pumpkin-toned cheddars.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)