>>>>

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Update From Kevin!

kevin4
Remember back in March when I gave a little push, a gentle shove, and a wee little shout out to Kevin The Quilter for his Quilt of Valor block drive?

Guess who I heard from today?

WITH PHOTOS!

Oh you guys are so amazing – seriously.

Do you know what you have done?

This is the message I received:

Studio_May2014 027

You sent in 4,000 blocks and they are STILL coming in!

kevin1

Kevin, being video taped for the local channel!

((Kevin, can we watch this online when it airs? Let us know!))

kevin2

Quilts and stacks of blocks ready to be assembled into Quilt of Valor quilts!

kevin3

We are so proud of you, Kevin, and so happy to be part of your block drive!

If you want to know more about Kevin’s Quilt of Valor Block Drive – Click HERE for the original post.

I’ll keep you updated for when/if WE can watch his segment online!

Visit Kevin’s Blog HERE.  Way to go KEVIN!!!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

9 comments:

  1. Just amazing yet not surprising,we are quilters with lot's of love and respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you're keeping on top of Kevin's progress. I had forgotten all about his great work. I'm not surprised at the response he's gotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot all about making those blocks. So happy to see they are finally going to become Quilts of Valor to bless our heroes.

    Didn't Kevin have some sort of drawing/giveaway for those who contributed? He needs to let us know who won!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I warned him to be careful what he wished for! He will be the speaker at our guild in September. He is bringing finished QOV quilts and we will present them to veterans that evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been checking his blog regularly. I only sent 5 bloocks but am so proud to say I was involved. WTG Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice guy! YOU know what we always say? "Quilters are givers"...something happens when you quilt. Something deep inside and wonderful. Thank you Bonnie for sharing this moment with us.

    Been receiving mucho amount of scrauyetook hisp from my buddies. It is time I get the room more under control aka more storage! Nice problem to have LOL

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a bunch to send to him, too. Just need to get myself to the PO to get a flat rate envelope. I quilt with a QOV group and fully support his efforts!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, some of mine are in one of those piles! Told him up front to change the name of his town to "Windfall" as that is what was coming his way! Wish I was closer to help sew them into quilts!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)