>>>>

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Quilts of Valor, Bravery and Honor!

Alycia1
Hello from Chicago, OHare!

I’ve got a bit of a layover until my last leg to Greensboro, NC – so I thought I’d share some goodies with you!

Alycia over at http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/ recently had a block drive of Scrappy Trips blocks in Red, White & Blue and she sent along a couple of photos that touched my heart.

She writes:

This is one of the Scrappy Trips quilts we made from our block drive -
being presented to a Veteran – thought you might like it
Like it? I LOVE it!
 
The only thing better than knowing a quilt is going to a veteran, is SEEING a quilt going to a veteran, and this was so special to find these in my inbox over the Memorial Day holiday weekend.
Alycia2
 
Another Scrappy Trip Drive Quilt!
 
About this one she writes: 
Here is another one – this was at a therapy place called Combat Veterans Cowboy Up  -
I am beyond tickled that such gorgeous quilts are going to such deserving young men and women.
 
Thanks for sharing, Alycia!
 
kevinqov1
 
I’ve also got some news from Kevin the Quilter on his QOV Block Drive.  Remember when I showed photos of a local news crew taping him?  Well guess what, you can view his segment HERE! Or click the image above….I’ve linked both.
 
Just look at those stacks of blocks!  How AWESOME! 
 
I enjoyed the news clip – great job, Kevin!
 
Idaho_May2014 172
 
And with that I’m of to wander O’Hare and grab myself some dinner.  This girl has hexied herself into a hungry state!  And for once – I had leg room to spare ---right behind 1st class in row 7A ---and no one sitting NEXT to me either…this is about as close to first class as you can get without being IN first class.
 
And it’s a good thing too…I needed that leg room:
 
Idaho_May2014 157
 
Mom sent me home with a sign for Quilt Villa!
 
My quilt bags were already at weight limits.  It was longer than my checked suitcase with my clothes so it wouldn’t fit there…I had no choice but to be the crazy passenger trying to shove odd sized items into the overhead bin……but since I had this leg room…I was A-O-K!
 
Planning on hanging this over the front door on the inside of the cabin so I can look at it often….Thanks, Mom!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

9 comments:

  1. LOVE the sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sign is gorgeous. Mom did a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sign! Did your mom paint it? You are one talented family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Sign! Gotta love Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sign, glad you enjoyed time with family. I am enjoying my digital version of quiltmaker with you on the front, Love the black!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, I just love that sign. Very thoughtful Mom. Love the hexies too, mine are slowly growing.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the sign! Great job MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sign! your mom did a great job! Safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sign is beautiful and so perfect for your cabin in the mountains. You mother has great taste!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)