>>>>

Sunday, May 04, 2014

Class Day One, Grand Hotel!

Mackinac_May2014 142
This is Jill!

Jill and I were in Ireland together and had such a Blast in Belfast ((amongst other places, I just like how Blast in Belfast sounded right now!)) and I was tickled when she said she wanted to come to the Needlearts Seminar on Mackinac so we can have some MORE fun!

Brave girl – She is from San Diego, and this cold has taken her southern California sensibilities for a loop as much as the rest of us.

Yesterday was rainy and dreary ---because I had a full day class and a reception to attend at 5:30 followed by my lecture at 6pm – followed by dinner afterwards ((And dinner takes TWO HOURS to get through!!))  I didn’t realize until my head hit the bed that I had not put one foot outside at ALL yesterday.

But this morning:  Take a look out of my window:

Mackinac_May2014 155

Good Morning Beautiful Day!

There is no evening event scheduled for tonight, so a group of us are going to head out and eat dinner off-location down in town for a change of scenery.  Life is simpler with one fork, one knife and one spoon!

But while we are talking about dining – I got a few shots of the beautiful dessert display for your mouth-watering pleasure:

Mackinac_May2014 128

Too pretty to eat – ALMOST!

Mackinac_May2014 129

Beautiful – just waiting for you to take a slice!

Mackinac_May2014 130

Or would you prefer one of these?

Being gluten-free is sometimes a pain ---but don’t worry, I was able to indulge my sweet tooth with these:

Mackinac_May2014 137

Chocolate covered strawberries – Mmmmmm!

Mackinac_May2014 148

They almost match the geranium pink walls inside our classroom aka The Grand Pavilion!

Don’t the ladies look great with their Crab-apple blocks?  They did a wonderful job.  You can find the pattern for Crab-apples in my book Adventures with Leaders & Enders.

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.
Crabapples, Mackinac Island, May 2014


This morning we are celebrating the sunshine with a Tulip Fields Workshop from my book String Fling.

It's going to be a fun day in the classroom and I'm excited to get started ---but I guess before we do, we will HAVE to force ourselves upon the 30 foot long Grand Sunday Breakfast Buffet --it's a tough life, but someone has got to eat it!

Love from Mackinac --


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Bonnie all that food must be a gastronomic delight! Must look into this adventure for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The class picture is delightful.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that buffet looked delicious. As I looked at the pictures I was wondering if any were GF, saw the strawberries and thought that they would be my choice too, glad you enjoyed them :) Looking forward to the photos tomorrow, I am in the middle of making that one for my MIL. Enjoy Sunday, it's almost over here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:29 AM EDT

    Ireland! Wow! I have always wanted to go there. It looks like you are having such a great time. Between the beautiful scenery, delicious food and great quilting friends I'm sure it was wonderful. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us! -Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy Bain7:17 PM EDT

    Yes, I would definitely think about attending next year. Hope to hear about it with plenty of lead time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:42 PM EDT

    I think I put on weight just looking at those desserts, boy do they look good!

    Nancyanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that crabapple quilt! On my bucket list. Have to finish MQ and others first. Carol

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)