>>>>

Sunday, May 04, 2014

Stringing it Up with Tulip Fields!

Mackinac_May2014 156
This is as far as we’ve gotten this morning –but what a fun morning it has been!

Tulip Fields is such a fun quilt to make with its tiny 3” finished tulip block quarters – each one is the cause of much squealing and delight as we piece units, swap fabrics, trim to size, slice on the diagonal (Up the center of the center string from corner to corner, not ACROSS the strings as some of my students found out after a couple of Whooops! cuts --

We worked on string block parts all the way up until the lunch break we are  now enjoying.

Mackinac_May2014 173

Our table for lunch – isn’t this a lovely view?

Mackinac_May2014 174

Our blue skies have clouded over a bit, but we are still enjoying the fact that it is – NOT RAINING!

Here are some photos of the fun that is going on in class – no time for commentary between them, we resume class in 5 minutes and I’m trying to get this uploaded as quickly as possible ---

Tulip Fields is found in my book, String Fling!


Mackinac_May2014 157Mackinac_May2014 160Mackinac_May2014 161Mackinac_May2014 162Mackinac_May2014 163Mackinac_May2014 164Mackinac_May2014 167
Mackinac_May2014 171


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

10 comments:

  1. Don't think I've ever sewn with tablecloths before!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulip Fields was my first introduction to string piecing-like making the string blocks. Got more in the works now as a border for a future quilt-bin was getting full!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very pretty block. Haven't seen this design of yours before, Bonnie. It's lovely. Nice to see all the variations your students are making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, pretty work space and tulips!
    I feel I should have my hair combed and shoes and socks on just looking at the class space :) I'm not worthy!

    See you in Portland the 11th of June, I'll have you know I had to make a strips and string pile, I always clean everything up when I finish a quilt.

    Thanks for keeping us in the loop,
    Sharyn in Kalama

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like so much fun - this is going on my TO MAKE LIST too!

    sao in Midlothian, VA

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my gosh....going on my list too! Love love this one! Every one you show I can't hardly wait to get it started...I guess I better start with getting my book order in...I made myself wait...I had some projects that needed finished and this will be my reward...some new Bonnie books. :)! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this block, haven't seen it before. Each time you show pictures of the beautiful hotel, I get so envious. I would so love to be there. So elegant.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:28 AM EDT

    Love that pattern & I really like scrappy quilts, so much character.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spent some time last night playing on pinterest and am trying to decide which Bonnie quilt to start next (though I have several still in progress!) and it is a toss up between Cactus Patch and Hawk's Nest, but this Tuilip fields was the runner up to that. Seeeing it here again is making me reconsider!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)