>>>>

Monday, May 26, 2014

Families that Play Together, Stay Together!

Idaho_May2014 136
This is Miss Elizabeth, the cutest 3 year old niece on the planet!

I was so excited to come see her today ---my brother Mike and his wife Nicole moved from Meridian, Idaho to Eagle, Idaho just over a year ago and this was the first time I was able to see the new place that they have worked on so hard.

It’s a wonderful house, and what a yard – it’s like a garden!  Which is no surprise since Mike takes after my mom and step-dad, and he has turned this overgrown jungle of an acre and a half into a haven of fruit trees, rolling lawn and garden plots.  I am so proud of them both!

It’s been a couple of years since I have seen them…so little Elizabeth was only 1 year old at the last time I saw her –today she took me by the hand and introduced me to her dog, Boomer and glued herself to my hip.  I was enchanted!

Idaho_May2014 137

My brother Mike and Elizabeth, Daddy/Daughter love!

We enjoyed a great BBQ on the deck and were also joined by my brother Scott and his wife Alicia.  Family is so important and it is when I am here that I realize just how far away I am in North Carolina.  I am vowing to make it home more often – if I have to add a leg onto a trip to spend a couple days with family, it will be worth it.

Idaho_May2014 136

Here’s some flowers, Miss Aunt!

Elizabeth had a hard time remembering my name and she came up with “Miss Aunt” all on her own.  I’ll take it!

Idaho_May2014 144

I got loads of kisses from Boomer too!

Idaho_May2014 145

Peek a boo, I see you!

Idaho_May2014 149

I know my ABCs, my 123s, AND my colors!

Tomorrow morning I’ll be packing it up and heading home.  My heart is full, and my battery feels recharged, you know what I mean?

I’m also ready to hit the sewing machine!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

11 comments:

  1. What a blessing to be able to spend time with your loved ones. Best wishes on your journey home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for brightening up my day, gorgeous little girl! In bed today due to extreme pain and bad gluten reaction through the night. I'm enjoying your web page and reading all your fun pages. You are a true friend to 1000s whom you can't see but you do so much for us. Hugs to you Bonnie!
    mariettagk55@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing that feels better than those little fingers in your hand is there Miss Aunt! :) So glad you got to be with family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:35 AM EDT

    Love the pug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful you had a long weekend to make memories. Miss Aunt is just so Cute! So travels home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so good to hear that you are having a great time Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Schedule visiting your family just like you schedule your workshops. Put them in your calendar. Life goes by so fast, and if you have a good relationship with your family, please help it grow. I have family members that are gone now, and I wish I had spent more time with them as I miss them so much. I am glad you took the time to see them and enjoy life with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Miss aunt"--how totally precious.
    :)
    God bless you.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you were able to have some down time with family. Very important.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you got some Play time and meet your Niece. Is the new Niece that is coming in Idaho, too? You need to plan that extra leg for a family visit when she arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a small world...went to a wedding last year at Holy Apostles on Meridian Road.
    You are soooo right about family recharging one's spirits...I'm sure it'll show in your "creative juices"...

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)