>>>>

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Los Angeles County Quilters Do Show & Share Too!

LA_CA2014 102
Yesterday I met up with the Los Angeles County Quilt Guild in Downey, California to present a lecture for their May meeting.

This talented group of ladies meet in the morning, and as most quilting groups do, they ENJOY social time and that includes yummy foods and beverages and lots of catching up with each other and finding out what has been going on since they last gathered together.

I love hearing what groups have planned, whether it is a retreat they are taking deposits for, or a quilt show they are ramping up toward, or asking for volunteers to sit with the donation quilt and sell tickets ---I’ve been involved with quilt guilds since I was 26, good golly, that’s HALF MY LIFE since I am now 52! 

But it’s the normalcy and the “sameness” of a business meeting from guild to guild to guild across this large country of ours that makes me feel right at home.  It doesn’t matter if it’s a guild in California, or if it’s a guild in upstate New York.  This is how we roll.  It’s familiar and I’m comfortable with it.

Show and share was great too!  Take a look:

LA_CA2014 107

Jared Takes a Wife!

I was here teaching for Road 2 California a couple of years ago, and some finishes from my classes at Road were here for show & share!  So nice to see how the quilts turned out – isn’t this great?  You’ll find the free pattern for Jared Takes a Wife under the Free Patterns tab at the top of the blog.

LA_CA2014 108

Star Struck!

This was another Road 2 California class – love the reds and the jelly bean colors in the stars.  Beautiful job!  Star Struck is another one from the Free Patterns tab.

LA_CA2014 109

And so is My Blue Heaven!  Didn't this turn out great?

LA_CA2014 110


I was so happy to see some Easy Streets since MINE was just at Quilt Market in Pittsburgh last week and hasn’t made it back home to me yet –She did such a great job on this one!

LA_CA2014 112

Another Easy Street Top!

LA_CA2014 111

Sister’s Choice blocks from the Free Patterns tab set with orange sashing….LOVE IT!

LA_CA2014 113

Roll Roll Cotton Boll from String Fling!

LA_CA2014 114

Check this out!  Hexie in Progress..WOW!!

LA_CA2014 117

Two 1930s vintage tops found at a yard sale!

She got them BOTH for $45.00 or something ridiculous.  She wants to finish them by hand, and they were stunning!  Of course, I love the hexie one….

LA_CA2014 115

Bubble Gum Happiness!

LA_CA2014 116

Yes, I did run to the front for a blurry close up!

LA_CA2014 101

It was fun being part of this group for my share of the meeting!

We had some fun in the afternoon with lunch out and some antiquing and quilt shop fabric fondling---more on that to come.

This morning I am checking out of this hotel, headed out to teach a Happy Scrappy Houses workshop, and then will be moving to an airport hotel with shuttle service to LAX because my flight leaves pretty early tomorrow morning and NO ONE should have to drive me to LAX at 4am.  I wouldn’t do that to ANYONE – so an airport hotel is where I’ll be for my last night.

Happy Thursday, Everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

7 comments:

  1. I love to see other people's interpretation of your quilt patterns, some of the colors are so effective. There was a good turn out for the meeting, that's nice to see.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red centered string blocks of the Roll Roll Cotton Boll quilt! Very cool effect! Travel safely, my friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I am the only other person on the blog this morning. Maybe everyone else is working on quilts. Love the Show and Share. I always look forward to them, and the scenes from your classes. I always think everyone else has better fabric that I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's only 8 am where i live, so i feel like i'm pretty early. :)

    I love seeing all the quilts and j
    How different thy look in various colors. Wish i had time to make more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magic...just pure magic! Lovely places to sit and view GORGEOUS QUILTS!!!

    I am so happy to see the Bonnie-quilts in a variety of colors.

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun to see my former guild and recognize people I know. Hi, Pat!!! (she was holding quilts for show & share). I was Secretary on the board before I moved to Las Vegas. There are very talented quilters in the L.A. guild and show & share was always wonderful!
    Judy McNeel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I am in love with the hexagon in progress quilt. It is gorgeous. I don't do hand piecing and I have never attempted a hexagon quilt, but I'm beginning to think that I need to learn!

    All the other quilts were also fantastic. I love seeing what everyone is doing.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)