>>>>

Monday, May 05, 2014

Lunch Time Update, Scrap Crystals Day 1!

Mackinac_May2014 2054
This is Connie! 

She is here with Ed from Pennsylvania ---the very romantic Ed who proposed to Connie in a manner that all of us with romantic hearts wish for our friends….after a carriage ride around the island, Ed proposed to Connie and gave her this ring on bended knee on the front porch at the Grand Hotel.

Isn’t that just WONDERFUL!?

You know about the famous front porch right?

The world’s LONGEST front porch – you’ve probably seen it in my favorite mushy movie “Somewhere in Time” with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour.  LOVE that movie!

After lunch I stepped out in the windy cold to get a photo of just how long this porch is….I didn’t count rocking chairs, but I think you get the idea:

Mackinac_May2014 2086

One end to the other!

Mackinac_May2014 2083

This is only half way – I’m standing on the infamous red carpet!

Mackinac_May2014 2084

A glance over the rail to the beautiful bridge in the distance --

Mackinac_May2014 2047

Our two day Scrap Crystals class is underway --

It matches the décor of the room!  Check out this insane light fixture:

Mackinac_May2014 2057

Oh, and there is another one to match --

Mackinac_May2014 2050

My class of 10 is sewing away!

There will be more to share tomorrow – right now they are deep into making 600+ 1/2 square triangles for this quilt..LOL!

Love from Mackinac --


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

18 comments:

  1. Loving all your posts from the island! Nice to catch your breath in a class of 10 isn't it? More one-on-one with you -- those fortunate gals! Hugs from 90+ degree Texas LOL!! Allison in Plano

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Bonnie - I LOVE that movie! And the book! Have you read the book? Now you've made me want to see it/read it again. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read Allison's comment - it's 90 degrees here in central Florida, too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. She gets a romantic proposal, a ring and a quilt retreat. Me thinks this lady is one lucky lady!! Loving your updates from the island.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really liked how that block used up my endless pile of HST's last year! I am now making split 9-patches with "New" scraps-think that will be an ongoing project as always have leftover HST's and that is a good use for them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really, I'm surprised all you ladies don't have your formal "Pearls & Pumps" on to sew at those white table-clothe draped tables,LOL. Hope you are all having a wonderful time,understand you have had some good sleeping weather on the island.
    May,Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that movie - and I HAVE TO GO THERE someday - it is my heart's desire. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched "Somewhere in Time" on Netflix on Sat. in honor of your visit to the Grand Hotel. I love that movie! And I especially love the music! Right now I'm obsessed with making rosettes for my very own GFG quilt. I've got 11 completed so far. Still have a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:09 PM EDT

    I was married on the island and love to visit, it is very romantic! Wish your weather was better. Please consider making a mystery quilt with a Mackinac Island theme. I would make it in a heartbeat!!yea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a way to make her happy! Take her to the exotic Grand hotel and Propose. She's a Lucky gal for sure. Not all guys get that. I'll have to find that movie again...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do not know a thing about that hotel, but what is funny is that I know Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you notice the ceiling of the porch is painted as if it were sky?
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. We all love special stories and memories that go with making a particular quilt. Connie will have a wonderful story to tell about making her quilt! Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:21 AM EDT

    Bonnie, I love, love, love Somewhere in Time and the music...OMG. You love Outlander also, don't you? We have many thing in common. Love this quilt. Where is the pattern?????
    Enjoy that beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to Connie. Her Ed sounds like a wonderful man. Bonnie, I'm really loving your comments about Mackinac and the Grand Hotel--wish I was there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous10:28 AM EDT

    Welcome to Michigan. I am forwarding this to my daughter's boyfriend as they will be on the island in a couple of weeks. Connie you are one lucky lady. I wish the weather was a bit warmer for you so you could see all the flowers in bloom around the hotel but it has been a very harsh winter in that part of the state. If you are going by car down I-75 to your next stop, stop in Gaylord for Delphine's quilt shop and a downtown full of antique shops.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tula Pink would be jealous of those light fixtures! Love the Crystal Scrap quit. Ufftah on those 600 hst's!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bonnie, I love all your pictures. And the sharing of the proposal. And Somewhere In Time is my favorite movie ever. I still cry when I watch it. Looks like your having fun. Thanks for bring us with you on your trip. JOANIE :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)