>>>>

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Escape to M&L!

LA_CA2014 088
Yesterday during class I had mentioned that when I was here 2 years ago a few of us took a side trip to the infamous M&L Fabrics ---and what a great time we had!

You can find my previous M&L post HERE! ((It’s worth a look!  There are some seriously funny photos in that post --hahah!))

A little wheeling and dealing, some phone call making and some ride shifting and plotting and planning, and I was informed that we were indeed able to make a side trip BACK to M&L – oh goodie!

LA_CA2014 089

This is what we saw when we walked in….fabric overload!

LA_CA2014 090

And great Kaufman’s for $2.98 a YARD?!?

I was instantly in shopper mode!

LA_CA2014 097

I didn’t do too bad!

The bottom piece is 8 yards for a backing…gorgeous fabric, great feel, Kaufman.  A selection of neutrals is ALWAYS warranted, and some other pieces that seem to have a cheddar/green/purple theme, but really I wasn’t shopping for any certain colors, these just jumped into my cart and said “take me home!!”  I obeyed!

I could have done lots more damage, but I was trying to restrain myself!  I got out of there with all of this for about $50.00.  SCORE!

LA_CA2014 093

4 Crazy Quilt Chicks on the loose!

Thanks for showing me such a great time girls!  Let’s do it again!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

21 comments:

  1. This is my kind of fabric store...great fabric at great prices. I lucky to have one on a smaller scale about 25 miles up the road. Might be time for a F.A.R.T (fabric acquisition road trip).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome to get all that fabric for $50. I have been paying $50 just for 108" backing fabric. It adds up! You deserve any "Girl Time" you can get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been going to M&L for years and have so much fun and spend lots of $$ every time! When I first started going Kaufman fabrics were priced at $1.49/yard. The good old days!! So glad you were able to make it back a second time. I'll bet you'll want to go back again on your next trip to So Cal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWOWO Am happy you did get there...

    Now I wish only we had something akin to this store in Maryville TN! AHHHHH good reason to travel!

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy: rangerer@sbcglobal.net9:33 PM EDT

    That is definitely a store to put on the road map. And where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bonnie - you mentioned cheddar fabric - reminded me of the great article in the new Quilter's Newsletter by Pepper Cory, all about the "Cheddar" fabrics, interesting article! M&L sounds like our Marshal's Fabrics that is in Batesville, Arkansas. love going there, too. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow! Well that explains why the lady I met from CA while I was in JoAnns in Mi was appalled at our high fabric prices in MI. This answers it all!
    Wish we had a M& L here too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it was a great time at M & L two years ago. Wish I had more room in my suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are loving your haircut because it looks so good on you!
    Good move :0)
    Looks like a little piece of heaven, I sure hope we get to sew in heaven!

    Have fun and Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim beat me to it, but I have to also say your new "do" is so cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live in Australia. Do USPS do shipping containers?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh yes, i would have bought the bottom one too....really nice

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember M&L Fabrics and its sister store Jennys in Fountain Valley well from my years in southern CA.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so lucky.
    We pay between $ 20. - $ 25 a metre... 39"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:00 AM EDT

    Bonnie, I live in So Cal. and I was shopping for backs etc at M & L when I found out that I was there on a sale day!! Something like an additional 20%.... I thought, have I died and gone to heaven or what???? P.S. Your haircut is adorable!!! Carolyn Barnett

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK - that does it! NEXT time you go there, Bonnie, I'm going with you (only challenge is - I'm in MA)! I even have LOTS of space on my stash report for that! OH MY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jenny's was my fabric place to shop years ago when I lived in Huntington Beach, CA. Loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bonnie you look 10 years younger with your new hair cut and perhaps it is the cheap, oops I mean great fabs you got.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had that bright green dot/check fabric you bought in my Easy Street. What a great store. Someday.

    Mona in Melbourne, FL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous4:19 AM EDT

    For the record I reserve my right to keep my real world friends and a
    bunch of the cute "I am spreading jelly on my navel, now" followers because I want to.
    In this Cosby Sweater Project, each episode offers different kinds of game to recreate his magic loud
    shirts. In such a case, you have two options-remove the person from your following list or respond to the
    person's tweets with the hope that the person would notice
    you and start following you.

    My homepage :: Frank Kern consulting

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)