>>>>

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Quilts of Valor Block Drive!

QOV Logo for Kevin
How would you like a quick-fix, feel-good, do-good experience?

Something that won’t take you any time at all, and can even be sewn as Leaders & Enders in between the lines of the project you already have going?

I’m talking about some blocks for Quilts of Valor ---that only require TWO SEAMS!!

Yes.  Only. TWO. Seams.

Kevin is a fantastic quilter who also has a very interesting life as he is a flight attendant.  We’ve had lots of conversations of what it is like to be stuck in a metal tube with wings for hours on end, and I love to read his stories.

You can find his blog HERE.

He is is quite involved with Quilts of Valor, as I know many of you are ---and is gearing up for a guild presentation, focusing on his efforts with Quilts of Valor and is hosting a block drive.




30 blocks set 5 X 6!
FUN!!

The blocks finish at 12” and can be combined in numerous ways and will definitely cheer our soldiers!

And YES.  There are PRIZES!

For every 5 entries ((Send in blocks in groups of 5)) your name will be entered into a drawing for a $100 gift certificate from the Missouri Quilt Company –purchased for you by Kevin, himself!  How’s that for incentive?

The full details including fabrics to use and address for sending them in can be found in this post HERE with more info being given HERE.

I applaud Kevin and others who continually contribute quilts in the effort to cover those who have given so much of themselves for our benefit.

TWO SEAMS!  You can do this!

Sew On, and SEW FORTH!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, this is a cause dear to my heart! I know we can make a difference one block at a time. I made twenty blocks in one afternoon! Three cheers for Kevin and all of you that can help too.
    Remember those that serve in a special way, Kevin will even put your name on the quilt label when he uses your blocks! Please help if you can. Thanks Bonnie for spreading the word and all you do for us quilters.

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping he's bombarded by squishies! :o) I'm going to start sewing these up right now! Thanks for spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Very timely Bonnie. I just mailed him 5 blocks today!
    I love reading his blog also.

    Thanks for giving a plug for his Quilts of Valor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin is such a sweetie. A friend and I have already made some blocks for him, and, I told my little guild about his block drive last week. I'm hoping there will be lots more blocks to mail to him next month from those ladies. Quilts of Valor is a cause close to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! Thanks for sharing it. I posted it to Facebook...on both my personal profile and my business page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:34 PM EDT

    I'm sending ten QOV blocks out in tomorrow's mail. Miriam in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely going to participate! It's a great idea! After I sew a few blocks up, I'm going to see if my quilt group would like to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a worthwhile project! Thanks for sharing.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)