>>>>

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day #4 Part 1: Boxy Stars in Pigeon Forge!

PigeonForge_Mar2014 283
I just love this photo! What a riot!

Give me your sexiest block pose, girls!

Three hour classes are just not long enough.

Just about the time you get in the groove and the gals start seeing beautiful blocks come together, it’s time to pack it up and get out of the room so the next group can come in.

There is just as much stuff to haul for a 3 hour class as there is for a 3 day retreat weekend!

And there are just as many threads and dog ears on the floor at the end of 3 hours ---but we had a wonderful time as you can tell by this photo.

It was a perfect way to celebrate the first day of Spring --

PigeonForge_Mar2014 347

SPRING!  Oh, Happy Day!

I am throwing in some beautiful photos because I am sure you are tired of quilt slide shows, over and over ---this is a 12 day trip and there have been many workshops given!  So how about some nature as an interlude?

PigeonForge_Mar2014 350

Wow!  Beautiful pink tulip tree on my walk yesterday ---

MountainQuiltFest_Mar2014 068

Daffies!

MountainQuiltFest_Mar2014 070

Yes, and watch for goose poop!

MountainQuiltFest_Mar2014 077

Popcorn popping on Bradford pear trees!

MountainQuiltFest_Mar2014 071

Gorgeous walk along the river!


Hahahaha!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Quiltville Programming…..It’s a short slide show from a 3 hour class, I hope you'll click below and stick around for it!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You will be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Boxy Stars, Pigeon Forge TN 2014


Be watching this evening for part 2 of Day #4!  That's scheduled into the queue.
Today, my last class, Jared Takes a Wife is in store.  Glad it's a FULL all day class---but sad that it is my last day here in Pigeon Forge.  I'm heading home tomorrow morning.  HOME!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

9 comments:

  1. The cream and avocado machine looks interesting. I wonder what make it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been working on my Boxy Star blocks. I have to admit it is one of my favorite blocks and very addicting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been loving your slide shows! If you have time, can you tell me why sometimes I see the stars and sometimes I see the boxes? Is it a trick of my eyes or is it the color placement?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the beautiful blossom photos this morning. I woke up to about 15" of snow in my driveway this morning and can't get out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Bradford Pears were cut very short with a very hard freeze on day two or three.... wondering if the local peaches took the same hit. Sure hope not, love the early local peaches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, my little 1030 Kenmore-someone else loves one too! I now have 2 of these babies, they are wonderful little machines and have all the basic stitches. People used to ask me why I didn't have a Featherweight and I would say this little machine was just as good and did more! Now have both and love them both for the special reason they are fantastic machines! (leu2500-that is the little cream machine you asked about!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fabrics your students used on all of the blocks! One of the Bonnie-quilts I do plan to make... so many quilts to make...only 24 hours in a day!

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your quilt shows! LOL I wonder what river it is that you walked along? I used to live in Piney Flats near Johnson City, TN.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need to put boxy stars and Pigeon Forge quilt fest on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)