>>>>

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

iPhone-o-Gram! Crab Apples!

Here we are at workshop day number one for mountain quilt fest in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee!

I have a full class of 20 students for today's Crab Apples workshop –

We've done some fun checkerboard piecing in the morning, and after lunch we will resume with an introduction to paper piecing, stitching up our tree base units so that we can add our checker board treetops to complete our blocks.

There is a lot of excitement over the sneak preview of the show that is happening tonight! And of course we all can't wait to check out the vendors mall :-)

Who knows what goodies will have to come home with us!

Much love from all of us back to all of you, where ever you are – 







11 comments:

  1. Terry Russelburg2:16 PM EDT

    Looks like fun wish we could be there today, I See my friend Karen Gleim is having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. I'm home sick but enjoying your posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello to my girlfriends... Louise, Kathie, Suzie and Marge.. They are having so much fun!! Wish I was there. My shoulder is still on the fritz so no sewing for awhile. I hope to see you all this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Looks like my sister Fran is having a great time. Sure wish I was there, too. Also is that Connie and Nancie I see? I'm hoping to see their finished quilt tops! Looks like a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth! Yes - we had a wonderful time!

      Delete
  5. Everybody looks so happy. I'm to far away, but enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to make that quilt. Do you think I could substitute some orange and green 4-patches in the tree instead of scraps and neutrals? It would be a tree of oranges and not a crabapple. Note that I have some leftover green and orange 4-patches from Celtic Solstice. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! Would love to be there! Maybe someday.....Glad you have a beautiful/comfy room. As our guild's program chair, I'm always a stickler for making sure my teachers have a safe, comfortable room. BTW, those quilts on your previous blog are outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I DID have fun! Bonnie is such a great teacher and I'm excited about getting more blocks done. Yes, that is my messy mat in the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that quilt and have already started a bag full of twosies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amanda Harvey8:24 PM EDT

    Looks like fun!!! I see my friend, Karen Gleim, is having a great time!! I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)