>>>>

Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Stringing Along with a Friend!

Studio_March2014 007
Tonya arrived early this afternoon and the chatter, laughter and sewing has been non-stop!

That is ---non-stop until we decided we really better get some dinner and make a run to the grocery store ----we’d worked up a powerful hunger!

A trip to the local Japanese Hibachi grill filled our bellies, a run to the local grocery store ((The only one in my small burb)) gave us all the good and healthy food and snacks that we need for our on-going sew fest to continue!

Up on deck this week? STRINGS and MORE STRINGS!

I started sewing my neutral string sashings last night during our Quilt-Cam time ---and today that continued.

Studio_March2014 010

I’ve arranged the room so that I can treadle on the 227 M while Tonya sews at the Bernina 1008 set into my sew ezi table.  PERFECT!  We can face each other and see the progress each is making.

Studio_March2014 005

Arial view of our set up….I’ve put the Singer 27 down in its cabinet so we have common table space between us.  And yes, there are plenty of beverage cups…we are staying well hydrated!

Studio_March2014 004

Tonya digging into the string basket I handed her!

Studio_March2014 002

Neutral strings in progress..check out the dreidel fabric!  FUN!

Studio_March2014 003

Dachsies!

Studio_March2014 006

Sadie was not impressed to be ignored in favor of sewing!

Studio_March2014 008

Trimming and slicing!

Studio_March2014 009

Quite the pile, but just the beginning of what I’ll need.

Studio_March2014 010

Joining all the sashing units together in one long length!

My blocks are 12” finished…so I need to cut the sashing into 12.5” sections.  Working them this way gets me more variety….and it’s going to be a great way to set these blocks!

We are now hanging around, each tapping on our laptops while watching some Law & Order and making plans for the next couple of days.

It’s been a fun full day ---and I’m happy to have a good friend here with me!

A happy night to you all from both of us ----


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

15 comments:

  1. It's such a joy to follow you on your blog! The enthusiasm is contagious and wonderful! Enjoy!! Looks like your friend still did not get proper weather shoes??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing the hubster is out of town. He'd be bonkers with all the giggles going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like FUN !!! what pattern is that blue and pink and white quilt in the background of the 1st picture , please
    ?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Sadie! Give her some scritchings for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your string sashings, great idea. Poor Sadie give a hug from a gramma of two grandsons and three dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food, friends, and sewing = my idea of heaven. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn, there's a party I'd like to join. How'd I know, as soon as I saw those skinny strings, that somehow Tonya was involved in this? Ha. Have fun and sew on, kids. Wish I were there too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummm......the first photo of all of the neutral strings????? DELECTABLE! I just love reading your posts about sewing with friends.....it makes me want to go sew with mine, or scratch Sadie's head! LOL Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet! Sewing with friends, life couldn't get better. Take a break once in awhile and walk that doggie, watching that tail go round and round as she sniffs all that crosses her path. I am heading into a weekend away with 14 from the guild, good times a-comin'!! Enjoy ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie...what can I do with strings that are of medium value? I'm finally learning to go to the extreme of light and dark for contrast but I have a whole bunch of in-between value fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stringing along sounds like so much fun. I love the picture of Sadie. She's probably sew happy just to be around the two of you chatting and giggling. I know you both won't really ignore her.
    Wish there was a third machine for me to join you both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10:58 AM EST

    so thrilled to see you having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing is more motivating than having a friend to sew with.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)